DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic pro won't go above 100ft even though limit set to 400ft

nos1989

Reactions
My Mavic all of a sudden ascending above 100ft. I'm not in beginner mode, and my altitude limits are set to 400ft. I haven't changed any flight settings since the last time it went over 100ft.

These are my versions
App: 4.1.3 (Android)
Remote: 01.03.0900
Aircraft database: 01.00.01.04
APP Database: 01.00.01.04

Edit: GPS mode is set

Last edited:
I ended up calibrating the compass and that seemed to have resolved the issue... I'm not quite sure what the issue was though.

If the Mavic has trouble getting a good GPS fix and switches to ATTI I believe height is restricted to 98 feet. If the compass is off it can affect GPS, so maybe it was all related.

I'm experiencing the same problem all the sudden. This is another very frustrating aspect of owning this machine. Among a myriad of problems with the app in Android now out of the blue here's something new and totally unexpected. My God DJI you have got to get your head out of your ***. This is incredible I expected a far better experience with this thing and so far I am very frustrated. There are things that are enjoyable and then you have these things that are so unpleasant and aggravating. Come on DJI you got to do a hell of a lot better than this.

Same problem here on a brand new Mavic. I've run a lot of DJI drones, so I know about Beginner Mode. I've triple-checked that. I've also tried the sign out/in trick and the compass calibration. No dice.

Same problem here on a brand new Mavic. I've run a lot of DJI drones, so I know about Beginner Mode. I've triple-checked that. I've also tried the sign out/in trick and the compass calibration. No dice.

Some have had to reinstall the app to fix this - have you tried that yet?

Yes! Success - just before dusk, I was able to re-install app and take off and fly to the limits set in the app. I tried literally everything else I could think of, so uninstalling, reinstalling app on my phone was the fix.

LIMITED DISTANCE:
=================

Please note that firmware update may reset various Main Controller Settings, such as the RTH Altitude and Maximum Flight Distance, to factory defaults. Before the update, take note of your preferred DJI GO settings, and re-adjust them after the update to suit your preference. This was a security feature that incase someone is using someone else' drone (Not by choice) the drone cannot go far and will do an RTH unless he knows your email and password. Here's the resolution:

Log-out on your acct on your app DJI Go or Go 4. Uninstall/install the app and log-in again. Now change the setting (Height and Distance) parameters and it should then take effect. You just need to do this once.

Thanks for the official note - I'm sure it will help someone. In my case, this was a brand new Mavic - just out of the box this afternoon... No settings to reset! :)

Yes. I upgraded firmware immediately after powering up for the first time. I was running the current firmware when I experienced the issue. I should add that I already had the app installed due to using it with other drones in the past.

This has to be the most nonsense I've experienced yet. You set the machine up you go out and fly it and it doesn't perform per specifications. Then I'm supposed to uninstall the app and reinstall the app and then I'm supposed to cycle through all the settings 100 times. Bologna. Then log into my DJI account and log out of the DJI account. This is a fantastic bunch of crap. Somehow miraculously my machine pulled itself out of the conundrum and now allows me to Fly Above 100 ft and lets me fly over 150 ft laterally. I pulled out a bucket of pixie dust and threw it on the machine... that seemed to work this time.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143