Welcome Mavic Pilot!
Jump in and join our free DJI Mavic community today!

Mavic Pro wont take off, only tilts forward and stops

jadedkingj

Reaction score
I really hope you guys can help me with this. I have had a Mavic Pro for about 4 monthes and yesturday took it out to fly and when I used the take off button or the manual engine start with the joysticks... the MPs blades sound like its going to take off but then it tilts forward and engines stop. I proceeded to do a IMU and Compass calibration and also a remote control Calibration, but still does the same thing. Im using DJI standard blades, updated firmware on remote/MP/Battery and have never had a issue with it since new. Any suggestions would be GREATLY appriciated!! Thank you in advance for any help you can give me!!

Reactions: [email protected]

trebor

Reaction score
It's not possible to install the props on the wrong motors - they don't fit.
Not that then. Not actually tried to miss-fit them on a Mavic but did once on a cheapy £20 drone and it wouldn’t fly.

InvisibleName

Reaction score
Hey, try hard enough and you can force them on. Plenty on here done that!!

Reactions: maverickau

InvisibleName

Reaction score
Ahh, maybe it’s only happening with the MA. I’d assumed that the prop to motor interface was the same. I’ve steered at least 2 new MA flyers in the last couple of months that they’d got their props mixed up.

ac0j

Reaction score
The props do not fit on the wrong motors correctly, BUT I remember at least a few threads where people have managed to get them on. Probably broke something in the process. But it causes the mavic to try to flip when spooled up.

sar104

Dic mihi solum facta, domina.
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Ahh, maybe it’s only happening with the MA. I’d assumed that the prop to motor interface was the same. I’ve steered at least 2 new MA flyers in the last couple of months that they’d got their props mixed up.
Maybe so - I've never actually seen a Spark up close.

UAVNV

Reaction score
sunlight? obstacle avoidance system?

Reaction score
I really hope you guys can help me with this. I have had a Mavic Pro for about 4 monthes and yesturday took it out to fly and when I used the take off button or the manual engine start with the joysticks... the MPs blades sound like its going to take off but then it tilts forward and engines stop. I proceeded to do a IMU and Compass calibration and also a remote control Calibration, but still does the same thing. Im using DJI standard blades, updated firmware on remote/MP/Battery and have never had a issue with it since new. Any suggestions would be GREATLY appriciated!! Thank you in advance for any help you can give me!!
Hi,

I’ve also had this problem yesterday with my Mavic Air... exactly the same as you. No issues last flight, no changes, had it over 3 months.... now it tilts forward right on take off and is unable to take off...

Have you found a way to fix it?

InvisibleName

Reaction score
Hi,

I’ve also had this problem yesterday with my Mavic Air... exactly the same as you. No issues last flight, no changes, had it over 3 months.... now it tilts forward right on take off and is unable to take off...

Have you found a way to fix it?
You haven’t taken the props off recently, have you?

InvisibleName

Reaction score
No, I’ve never had reason to ... no issues last flight or no changes made ....

What should I be checking on the props just in case?
That the 2 with the white marks are on the corresponding white marked motors