DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic pro

dronefreak2020

Reactions
Hi I have a Mavic pro and one of the batteries is an after market battery' and after about 14 or 15 flights with this battery it came lose and disconnected from the drone inflight' but it happened close to take off so I found the drone and the battery after looking for about 20 min. So anyone using an after market battery keep a close eye on the little plastic clips where it locks on the drone they wear and the battery falls off the drone.

i also had an aftermarket battery have a clip failure. Fortunately for me i was removing the battery from the drone.

i also had an aftermarket battery have a clip failure. Fortunately for me i was removing the battery from the drone.
Yes that's exactly what happened to my after market battery was a clip failure but the battery disconnected from the mavic just after take off at about 30 m altitude so I found the mavic and the battery in the grass about 100 m from the home point. So now I will never use another after market battery.

Reactions: mereflyer
Why do you buy after market batteries? If the battery had fallen out with your Mavic further away, or when flying over water that would mean a more expensive loss, just to save £30/$40 on a battery.
Not worth the minimal saving.
Unless you are having difficulty finding a genuine DJI battery.

Why do you buy after market batteries? If the battery had fallen out with your Mavic further away, or when flying over water that would mean a more expensive loss, just to save £30/$40 on a battery.
Not worth the minimal saving.
Unless you are having difficulty finding a genuine DJI battery.
I bought the mavic pro used from a guy it had really low hours on it and was well taken care of' it came with three batteries and he told me one battery was an after market that he never really used much. So I have been flying the mavic since July of this year and I used the battery a number of times and it seemed fine but just that one flight one of the battery clips failed and I lost the battery off the drone so that learned me not to use after market batteries. But you are so right I could have lost my drone over the water I fly over the water quite often I live next to the straights and I have a lot of woods on the other side of my property' so I was very lucky the battery clip failed just after take off I was only 30 m high and about 300 meters away from the home point. But I will never use another after market battery ' like you said that could have been an expensive lesson.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minicopters