DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro's Low Battery Response

Matchlock

Reactions
Hi everbody;

I was watching a video a short time ago and the person on the video said that when the Mavic Pro battery gets really low and you ignore it, the Mavic will initiate a safe landing.

I was under the impression that if you ignored the low battery warning, the Mavic Pro would Return To Home.

Can anyone verify what the Mavic Pro will do in this situation? Does it simply land wherever it is or does it Return To Home?

Thank you.

Bud

That depends very much on how you set the smart return-to-home function...
fa52c678a922991e12c8b2a473bb96cf.jpg

I was watching a video a short time ago and the person on the video said that when the Mavic Pro battery gets really low and you ignore it, the Mavic will initiate a safe landing.
If the battery reaches the critically low level, your Mavic will auto land at its current location. Depending on what is below it will determine whether or not the landing is safe.

Reactions: HHH and Matchlock
Thank you, I appreciate the reply and the information.

Bud

If the battery reaches the critically low level, your Mavic will auto land at its current location. Depending on what is below it will determine whether or not the landing is safe.

The Mavic initiates auto landing at whatever you set as your critical battery level in the settings. You can fight it with the elevator and keep going toward home. If you have initiated a Return to Home, the Mavic will ignore the critical battery level and keep going toward home. If the battery level reaches 1%, the Mavic will force a landing immediately. You don't want this 1% forced landing, as it is basically a controlled crash landing. The Mavic will descend at around 9-10m/s (32 feet/sec in my logs). in this state which will basically break the folding arms and gimbal. Don't ask me how I know this.

Edit: I should clarify. The craft will start descending at 3m/s at 1%, but once the voltage drops to less than 1%, it's a controlled crash landing which I saw a fixed 3.2 feet every .1 seconds, or 32 feet per sec. I also had heavy batteries which may result in different behavior than you would see with stock battery. I haven't ran my stock battery down that low without external batteries.

Last edited:
Reactions: Matchlock and Rbruz
Thank you, very helpful information.

Bud

The Mavic initiates auto landing at whatever you set as your critical battery level in the settings. You can fight it with the elevator and keep going toward home. If you have initiated a Return to Home, the Mavic will ignore the critical battery level and keep going toward home. If the battery level reaches 1%, the Mavic will force a landing immediately. You don't want this 1% forced landing, as it is basically a controlled crash landing. The Mavic will descend at around 9-10m/s (32 feet/sec in my logs). in this state which will basically break the folding arms and gimbal. Don't ask me how I know this.

Edit: I should clarify. The craft will start descending at 3m/s at 1%, but once the voltage drops to less than 1%, it's a controlled crash landing which I saw a fixed 3.2 feet every .1 seconds, or 32 feet per sec. I also had heavy batteries which may result in different behavior than you would see with stock battery. I haven't ran my stock battery down that low without external batteries.

DJI needs to either thank or pay this website.

Without this site, I would have never planned to buy this toy/tool.

Reactions: WizDrone

Actually the information is not quite right. Return to Home still descends when Auto Landing starts. You can still fight it by using elevator stick. About 75% or so elevator stick should maintain altitude.

Hum, I've seen several youtube videos of people flying and making it home flying on 0 percent. Didn't see any coming down in free fall.
Just watched a video tonight that you can set critical at 30% and he kept flying.
" The craft will start descending at 3m/s at 1%, but once the voltage drops to less than 1%, it's a controlled crash landing which I saw a fixed 3.2 feet every .1 seconds, or 32 feet per sec."
Lots of videos show it doesn't come crashing down, even at 0%.
mavic low battery flying - YouTube

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser