DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Range Test, 17200 feet

Crashburn

Reactions

9af32850e57207d6464cc0dbd0faeca3.jpg

I notice the discrepancy between the speed the Mavic thinks it did (often ~50mph+) and the speed that healthy drones.com has calculated.
I saw a video of another guy whose Mavic was tearing around at 60mph according to the screen, but he clearly didn't think that was the case and wasn't able to jeep up with 55mph traffic with it.
Just interested in your thoughts there . . .

I notice the discrepancy between the speed the Mavic thinks it did (often ~50mph+) and the speed that healthy drones.com has calculated.
I saw a video of another guy whose Mavic was tearing around at 60mph according to the screen, but he clearly didn't think that was the case and wasn't able to jeep up with 55mph traffic with it.
Just interested in your thoughts there . . .
Healthy Drones, 43mph, is more realistic. Everything else seems consistent between Go and Healthy Drones, like distance

just pre-ordered... why does the video stutter every once and a while?
That's ny screen recorder, which shows real time video glitches from interference, latency issues, etc. The Mavic camera is smooth and much higher quality

G'day crash long time no speak man! Great flying mate. Ballz bigger than Ben Hur!
Get yourself one of these brackets for your Shield
I flicked it to ya on facebook too ;)

Sent from downunder

G'day crash long time no speak man! Great flying mate. Ballz bigger than Ben Hur!

Sent from downunder
Good to hear from you, makes my day! Thanks

Reactions: sirnikolas
Healthy drone doesn't seem to be able to read the battery temperature, that's two I noticed showing 32F

I've seen that on several Mavic flights on Healthy Drones on the main screen (General > Overview). But on the Power > Battery Info screen it shows a graph of temperature over time, so it is recording info, don't know why Healthy Drones isn't showing it on the main screen.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Sent from downunder

Someone pointed out that there are holes in the side of the phone holder that are there for putting the corners of the tablet in, can you verify that this works?

Just for ipad minis, not for larger tablets.
The latest update to the iOS DJI GO app (V3.1.0) that came out yesterday says it has added a portrait mode to the display. If that works, then you should be able to put an iPad Air 2 in the remote in portrait orientation, as its width is a smaller dimension that the iPad mini's length. Being as I don't yet have my Mavic, I cannot confirm that Portrait Display is actually what I think it is.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turtle27mike