DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic RC acting strangely

Bourbon Droner

Reactions
It will not charge over 69%. I did place it on charger last night and around midnight I woke with it flashing off and on at 91% so I disconnected.
At 6am I checked the RC and it showed 61%.
Did I get a bug with the last update? What is going on? Help!

How are you charging it .?
Would try another cable
Do not charge it with what ever device you are using plugged into an extension cord or power strip.!

Sometimes electronics go bad
Possibly the internal battery is failing

.......cR

Reactions: Thomas B
Have you tried charging it with a slightly higher wattage? Sometimes weak chargers have a hard time with those remote controllers. Another good thing to try is downgrading and upgrading firmware. There are also plenty of hardware issues than can happen as well. We do fix issues like those so feel free to submit a repair ticket if nothing else works out Contact Us | Seattle Drone Repair

Thanks for the replies. I do not know how to make the charging wattage higher.
And even if it did work wouldn't it be saying something is wrong?

As for the firmware, are you saying to delete it and then reload the last version?

Yesterday I was "attempting" to fly several miles from my normal area. I received
a message that the program would not run unless I loaded the "source files" first.
I never saw that message before and have no idea what it was about. But right or wrong
I did download the files and flew a bit but the drone just wasn't acting "right". Did I
mess up there too?

I am trying to work on using "Waypoint" flying missions.
I am trying to make a "preflight" plan at home then fly the mission when I arrive on scene.
I am not sure if my Mavic is capable of doing that yet.

Sooo many issues!

I am using the charger that came with the kit I bought originally and plugged into a wall socket.
I tried again last night and still after being plugged in all night just 67% this morning.

If you are using the stock wall charger it should be fine, sometimes other USB power sources are used that don't supply enough. To upgrade or refresh firmware you can do that on your phone by touching and holding the 78456icon in the home screen of the app for 10 seconds or so. Make sure to do this while the remote controller is connected to the device.

Thanks for the response. I did update the program yesterday and now I am able to charge 100% on the controller.
I did not download the latest-latest upgrade as the notice says not to do it if I want to use the simulator. And I need
all the practice I can get.
I have no idea what caused the charging problem but I guess it is resolved now!
Thanks again to all that took the time to respond to my post. ? Thumbswayup

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest