DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic refreshed !!!!

tonytafarella

Reactions
For the people who still haven't received their orders, I apologize for this post in advance..

I purchased my Mavic pro fly more combo last Friday in CA from a dealer on Craigslist. Paid a premium of 1800 and didn't mind driving 2 hours to pick it up!

Since it was a new model for DJI, and me (I previously had phantoms 3,4) I purchased the refresh just in case before I activated it.

Flew it a few times and totally loved the thing. It was a p4 but more agile and way more fun to fly. Long story short, I was showing a few friends at work and had a mishap. The building I was flying in had a stationary gps inside and I didn't know it. When flying to the other side of the building, the Mavic stopped responding and crashed into a roll up door chain. It spun in the air and came down hard on the concrete. It dented the motors, broke some blades and scratched the top all up. I was seriously bumming...

I called DJI immediately and inquired about my refresh option. My biggest worry was that they wouldn't have replacements because of the insane backlog (I was told almost a million units worldwide now)

They assured me that if that's what I wanted to do they would turn in around within 3-5 business days. I sent it back this past Friday, they received it yesterday. Today they sent me an email for repair (for 149.00) or refresh for 79.00. Refresh (obviously) is what I chose and paid online. I called and asked them to expedite as I needed the drone before next week for a camping trip. Couldn't believe it, they shipped new bird today and it will arrive tomorrow.

For anyone wondering if refresh is worth it, this is one guy that can say it DEFINITELY IS!!!

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Last edited:
Glad you're recovered. What is a stationary gps?

@tonytafarella,

Good to hear, i'm waiting on my fly more combo and was still hesitaiting to go with the care refresh option.

You just made op my mind, thank you for sharing this positive dji care refresh feedback here on the forum Thumbswayup

Can't decide if I'm :), :(, or :mad: about this post. This kind of reminds me of when I eat a family dinner with my Uncle and he gets to serve himself his food before me. At the end of the meal his plate is left with scraps from his plate piled high and I am still starving because I was left with scraps left on the serving dish. I'm starving for a Mavic here...:oops:
:p:p:p:p

If it's a clear DJI fault, and inside normal warranty, surely you shouldn't have to pay a thing? Or am I naive?
Sure but the point is that there's no DJI fault here, he just screwed up using it in inappropriate conditions.

Good to know about the Care working, but it certainly indeed brings up the "people who would take good care of their Mavic and not do stupid things can't have one, and those who are "reckless" with theirs get a free replacement" argument.

Makes no sense, what is a "stationary GPS"? GPS signals come from satellites, if you were indoors, the Mavic should have been able to fly without crashing. You say the Mavic stopped responding. I thought this was a known issue, and should be covered under warranty.

Maybe he'll enlighten us... that term indeed means nothing at all but it could just be that his location has some other type of strong RF transmitter that prevented communication between radio and aircraft, which then RTHd into the building.

Way too little info to understand the situation.

From what I was told, it's a gps that was mounted inside the building that only broadcasts a valid stationary god signal.

I view it as my fault because the mavic seemed to be effected by it or received interference by it. I honestly don't know. I can tell you I've never crashed or had a near crash with my p3 or P4 and I also had many helicopters including nitro.

I was hesitant to post, and I get what you guys mean about me getting fixed before you get your original. That part did seem messed up but at the same time they are standing behind it with the refresh. Next good up would cost me 179. (won't happen on my end I can tell you that)

Point is the refresh program was solid for me.

Ps, I haven't actually received the refresh craft, only the ups tracking that shows delivery for today. I'll update you guys when it arrives to make sure it's 100%

I sent in my defective Mavic for an exchange. They received it on 11/9 and I still haven't heard anything from them. When I contact them they can't tell me anything.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using MavicPilots mobile app

I bought the refresh too. I fly pretty conservatively but I for certain don't want to be without mine for any extended period of time. I flew it last night for the first time. For those who don't have one ... Holy Moly! Awesome platform. Incredibly stable and the video link is just... well stunning.

Hmmm.. Purchase refresh.. print a Mavic Pro using the thingiverse.com template.. break it and send it in for a replacement that gets here in a week.. hmmmm... ;)

Got the mavic pro back from DJI today. Not only is it a completely replaced drone and controller, they included new blades on the drone and put a second set of blades in the bag. I kept my previous second set from the fly more combo so now I have blades on the drone and 2 extra complete sets of blades. They really came through. Very happy :).

Even sent back the damaged blades too..lol.

64ec3e173255931ca831289775485beb.jpg

Did they ask you to send the controller back? I would just assume they'd just need the bird.

That's good to hear. I'm glad they allocated some stock for those who have had mishaps. Would suck to have that happen and have to wait 6-8 weeks. I'm hoping mine will be here before January.

I had a crash and need to send mine in. But I've heard different accounts of what to send in. One guy from DJI said just the battery and the bird. One guy said everything should go back in the original box. The website says just bird and battery.
Not sure who to trust. I'm on a tight turn around so I'm trying to get this right on the first try.
Also any tips for faster refresh turn around?

I had a crash and need to send mine in. But I've heard different accounts of what to send in. One guy from DJI said just the battery and the bird. One guy said everything should go back in the original box. The website says just bird and battery.
Not sure who to trust. I'm on a tight turn around so I'm trying to get this right on the first try.
Also any tips for faster refresh turn around?
What is damaged?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser