Middle frame
Fan
Gimbal
Left arm

Borrowed a core board from wife's mavic for testing

_20170926_183040.JPG _20170926_183324.JPG

Not surprised but had to calibrate gimbal and compass

Test flight all good

Did find out that if the mavic over heats then battery shuts off with no warning

Looks like you had the right tools. A good soldering iron and plenty of wine :)

No wine here
_20171102_151832.JPG
Moonshine, gin, sake, vodka, whiskey & rum

Now got my other one fixed but that was a simple board swap also modded a controller today
_20171102_145256.JPG

Edit: just thought sake is rice wine so your right

Woah, nice collection! How hard was middle frame swap? You had to unscrew and pull out all "guts" out of the old one - is it possible to do that in one "piece" or do you have to unsolder and then solder back those undetachable cable connections? I too have to swap mid frame and top shell alongside the one broken arm. Waiting for my spare parts order right now, hope it wont be so much pain in the *** :)

Front arms need to be desoldered rear ones don't, was the first time I had done it and initial look I thought the rears did

Tbh its easier than doing the ribbon cable

When reassembling the front arms you need to put tension on the spring pins

If you get stuck or want a second opinion on anything just ask, there's a few on here that have rebuilt a mavic

Reactions: nazorbeats
Mine was coming into land, about an inch or 2 off the ground when it died so I would say its a possibility unless it uses the ultrasonic sensors to make sure its near ground

Luckily not heard of many fan failures

Reactions: hubertd
Hi guys, I am currently doing a repair job on my mavic pro (first version). I crashed it into a rock due to my front sensor being faulty. After the crash i turned it on, and it makes a grinding noise towards the front.

Anyways, I've watched a few youtube video on teardowns and got most of it disassembled. I realised the microchip at the front (GPS chip from my understanding) has been pushed further into the frame thereby disconnecting the wires from it.

I've attached some images of the microchip and was wondering if anyone knew the layout of the 4 wires so I can resolder it back on correctly. Images I've found off the net seemed to be a little too zoomed out or hard to see.

If someone can help me figure out which wires go where, that would be a huge help/IMG_20180321_144708.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20180321_144653.jpg
    IMG_20180321_144653.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 10
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots