DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic settings for long distance

Vincey2kr1

Reactions
I know it varies by location but I live out in the country and I can't get 3k-5k feet distance out on my mavic. Tried a different location and barely got 3500 feet. My old p3p I could get 13k feet at the same location. One of the main reasons I bought the mavic was portability and claim range of 4 miles. No were close to hitting the range.
I'm about to take it back to best buy, I purchased DJI care is it transferable to the new mavic if I make the exchange? DJI customer service is horrible figure I'd ask here instead of wait an hour and half on the phone..

Sent from my SM-G930V using MavicPilots mobile app

What's your altitude? Do you keep the controller pointed at the Mavic? It has to be line of sight. At 400 feet I have gone almost 2 miles without losing a single bar. I haven't worked up the courage to go farther. You may need to go higher than 400 feet depending on the area. The hardware isn't necessarily the limitation, but the law and terrain are.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Reactions: astroboy
I know it varies by location but I live out in the country and I can't get 3k-5k feet distance out on my mavic. Tried a different location and barely got 3500 feet. My old p3p I could get 13k feet at the same location. One of the main reasons I bought the mavic was portability and claim range of 4 miles. No were close to hitting the range.
I'm about to take it back to best buy, I purchased DJI care is it transferable to the new mavic if I make the exchange? DJI customer service is horrible figure I'd ask here instead of wait an hour and half on the phone..

Sent from my SM-G930V using MavicPilots mobile app

Then return it

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Can anyone who has gone 6+ plus miles share their settings? I've also lost distance capability since last firmware update.

My settings for distance were all the default and I was using Litchi for the test run above. However that was done on the .300 firmware I believe. I'm waiting for weather to improve and I will try again on the latest firmware.

Interesting question. It would be cool to know what percentage of the power draw comes from the cpu and which features (being disabled) significantly reduces cpu power draw. I imagine turning off OA could reduce cpu usage a little.

Interesting question. It would be cool to know what percentage of the power draw comes from the cpu and which features (being disabled) significantly reduces cpu power draw. I imagine turning off OA could reduce cpu usage a little.
Yes turning off OA is a must for distance runs as it also limits the speed of the Mavic to around 30kmph where for a good distance to battery you want to average around 42kmph.

Yes turning off OA is a must for distance runs as it also limits the speed of the Mavic to around 30kmph where for a good distance to battery you want to average around 42kmph.
whats OA

Reactions: TimeIsMine
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest