DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Shot Down

jsweinrich

Reactions
Just saw on the news that a Mavic Pro was shot down. Owner showed where the bullet went in the front just above the camera and the camera was dangling by it's wires. Also showed a still from the video he was recording showing the person pointing the gun at the Mavic. This was in Medford Oregun.

Drone shot down over Jackson County off-roading park

so stupid.

I am sure someone will figure out who that is and then hopefully he can be arrested, banned from firearm ownership and locked up.

Reactions: Lino
People are over the top lol. Don’t give the comments of that video a read unless you want a headache. Article says the guy thought the truck got stuck, still pretty screwed up to fire a shot (some saying pellet but it passed through the mavic?) at something that wasn’t a for sure target up in the air. Nice shot though... drone seemed to mind it own mainly IMO. Tell me if I’m wrong

Reactions: cderoche
LOL, this is so similar to what happened a few days ago 60 km from here: a professional UAV operator was training with his Mavic in the wilderness when a hunter shot the drone down. The ordnance was a typical bird-hunting one, loaded with many little pellets. The hunter ran away just like the one in Jackson County, and the cops are now searching for him, but here we don't have shots of the hunter and vehicle, just his green car going away which got sighted but not taped or photographed

The picture of the Mavic riddled by pellets is a nice one:
Cacciatore spara in aria, ma abbatte un drone - Cronaca - Gazzetta di Mantova

Reactions: PsiFox
People are over the top lol. Don’t give the comments of that video a read unless you want a headache. Article says the guy thought the truck got stuck, still pretty screwed up to fire a shot (some saying pellet but it passed through the mavic?) at something that wasn’t a for sure target up in the air. Nice shot though... drone seemed to mind it own mainly IMO. Tell me if I’m wrong

Likely a pellet... I would think a bullet (even a .22) would do more damage to mav. And yes, nice shot!!

Reactions: Wersh
They need to get the tech so advanced you can have all the power and features of a Mavic in a quad the size of a Parrot Mambo. No one will ever know it's even there. But before that happens, I think powerful zoom lenses and better image stabilization are going to more affordable as the tech develops and demand grows. People will be wishing for the noisy drones again so they at least know where they are.

Last edited:
the comments left on that article make for some truly disappointing reading.

They seem to think "this is intrusive in my mind=I have right to shoot it down".
I have a unknown intrusive black cat who far too often travels through my garden and makes a mess on my lawn... yet somehow I have never considered killing this unwelcome pest. strange that. lol.

They seem to think "feelings=rights"

Read the comments, they kind of reflect society views about drones
Jayzus - that was depressing. A perfect example of how society is turning into ravening animals online.

Someone shot at my mavic a few weeks ago when I heard the shots I put it into sport mode and headed home, I looked at the video but did not see anything, I was up 200 feet

Reactions: Mxs and dewster
Stealth. Keep altitude. Don't loiter. Second passes tend to be a no-no. It just gives them an opportunity to down your craft.
The second pass is after you got shot at, you have a spotter on the ground, and find the person who enjoys shooting at UAV's. While it might cost some cash, what will follow will be a story that you can tell your grand children when they are old enough.

Just saw on the news that a Mavic Pro was shot down. Owner showed where the bullet went in the front just above the camera and the camera was dangling by it's wires. Also showed a still from the video he was recording showing the person pointing the gun at the Mavic. This was in Medford Oregun.

Drone shot down over Jackson County off-roading park
Impressed that the MP kept video after being "shot".

I had 1 of my neighbors who owns a horse farm threaten to shoot my Mavic down because it was scaring the horses. Now I was in Sport mode at the time of flight and was about 200ft up doing big circles in the skies, just imagining that I was in a race ( with myself. Lol)... I had already stopped flying when he came over and threatened me. I wanted to pummel the dude but instead I used my head ( for something besides a punching bag) and informed him that if he does that I will have him arrested and he would be buying me another Mavic. Nowadays, I stay away from the horse farm because I wasn't trying to piss anyone off in the first place . Just enjoy the scenery at a few hundred feet . I find that the general public is a mix of people on both sides of the situation. Most of the time I feel the need to show people what the camera can do, and what isn't possible. When I show and inform people about drones they usually walk away interested instead of being negative Nancys.

Stealth. Keep altitude. Don't loiter. Second passes tend to be a no-no. It just gives them an opportunity to down your craft.

After my original MP was stolen a few months ago, I bought a wonderful, second hand P4P. I live in a rural area where the sounds from rifles and shotguns are constant from October till February. I decided pretty quickly that the P4P is just too loud and tempting a target, so I’ve sold it and got another MP (which arrived today - yay!). Of course there’s no guarantees against the MP being taken out, but I’ll do whatever I can to minimise the chances.

Reactions: BigAl07
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
valter123