DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic shot footage in slow motion

lewijo

Reactions
Okay, been following this group for awhile and you have all been a huge help. So I am hoping someone could provide some insight on my issue. This weekend I was flying my daughters bday party and when I pulled the files today for some post, it all came out of the camera in SloMo. I have never heard of this before and was hoping someone could shed some light on this.

The good news is some of the footage actually works perfectly for the music i selected so not all a loss.

Thanks for your help in advance!

JL

What was the frame rate set to on the drone?

Playback in the UK is 24fps, so if you recorded at 50fps, and played it back it will play at half speed.

This sounds like a problem with your editing software, not the Mavic. Do you have a sample to view?

Should be 30 FPS. I haven't done a FW update so it all should have been the same as my last session. It's not the software as it played it from QuickTime first to trim my footage down before loading into FCPX.

I'm gonna check the settings when I can get back to it this evening and see.

If recorded in 24fps then slomo (half speed at least) would be a very choppy 12 fps.
Not sure what is going on here.
Might go grab some popcorn.

That's just it. The footage (RAW) is coming out of the camera in slowmo. I'm puzzled.

I need to see a video file before I can understand more of this :) A number of cameras will produce slow mo by creating a file that is interpreted as "normal" frame rate, but Mavic doesn't have this feature.

What are you using to edit / view the footage?

So I found my issue. Somehow the Mp was set to 1080/96fps playing back at 30FPS is the culprit. No clue how it got to that setting as I have never used that before.

I just ran into this issue as well. Recording at 1080/96fps plays back at 30fps so it comes out in slow mo. Is there a setting to make it playback at the same speed it was recorded at?

So I found my issue. Somehow the Mp was set to 1080/96fps playing back at 30FPS is the culprit. No clue how it got to that setting as I have never used that before.
Maybe the update changed it. I always go through all my settings because very often they change some values when updating.

I just ran into this issue as well. Recording at 1080/96fps plays back at 30fps so it comes out in slow mo. Is there a setting to make it playback at the same speed it was recorded at?
I’m pretty sure you can just go in and speed up the clip to 200% and it would play back in what would have been normal speed.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flyingthe405