DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic shots on National TV, Greece

Hexagon

Reactions
Long story short,

went on a nearby beach in the suburbs of Athens to capture oil spill limitation operations. Got some shots about 1000m from the beach where boats where trying to put 'special' nets to limit pollution. Also got a few shots of the oil in the beaches around. Oil has arrived from hundreds of miles away from the island of Salamina where a medium size oil transport ship has sunk about a week ago. Environmental disaster is huge and almost all beaches of Athens are affected. Truly sad. Full story can be found here: Greek oil spill forces closure of Athens beaches

While landing I saw cameras and reporters about 50 meters away. They saw the quad and asked me for footage. I was happy to send them my vid, unedited.

few hours later I saw it on TV.
20170915_191106.jpg

Happy and very sad at the same time. Footage has no sound and no editing and I had no time to play with video adjustments. I just waited for GPS lock, checked compass and flew away..

Nice! I'd be pretty excited to see my footage on TV. Shortly after I'd wonder if I should have asked to have been paid. Even just a little.

Reactions: Hexagon
Nice! I'd be pretty excited to see my footage on TV. Shortly after I'd wonder if I should have asked to have been paid. Even just a little.
Footage was not that good to be honest, I had no time to play with camera and avoid get overexposed shots (which happened) etc. The reported kindly asked me for the footage and I was happy to give. I am not a professional photographer nor I have a professional license to be able to ask for money.

How did it look after they edited it?
Would you have guessed it was from a Mavic if you didn't know?
I think that they took small parts of the video, I saw no color correction, maybe a bit of contrast-saturation correction but not sure. They seemed like ordinary quad copter footage, hard to guess that it was a Mavic

Reactions: 4wd

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AASHIANAPC