DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Smart Controller

Thank you for posting this. I’m going on vacation to Italy in less than 2 weeks with the drone and really wanted it to use this controller for it. I’ve been waiting for many weeks for them to be in stock and didn’t think I’d get it in time. I just snapped one up!

Thank you for posting this. I’m going on vacation to Italy in less than 2 weeks with the drone and really wanted it to use this controller for it. I’ve been waiting for many weeks for them to be in stock and didn’t think I’d get it in time. I just snapped one up!

Your welcome! I was on the same boat. I’ve been watching Best Buy website like a hawk.? Only place I’ve seen that still sells the controller for $649. Even with tax, it still came out less than DJI website.

I really wish I could justify the price of this thing... I've almost clicked buy on several instances. I just wish it had the range of the standard controller and operated on IOS.

Mine just arrived today, not been able to fly due to weather and time, so spend an hour or so setting up and familiarising myself with it. First impressions are positive. Cost £463 from jessops in UK.

Reactions: Kantoosion
I really wish I could justify the price of this thing... I've almost clicked buy on several instances. I just wish it had the range of the standard controller and operated on IOS.
So what is the difference in range between the standard and the new Smart?

I have both controllers. I am in the US. The range is completely equivalent. Can’t speak for Europe though. Just put it in FCC mode with NLD and you’ll be fine.

That's weird because I have not noticed any difference I have them both. Got my SmartController bundled and purchased a used dumb controller. I used the Dumbcontroller only once though so maybe if I flew it more I would notice a difference. The only down side to the SmartController for me is the cost. I don't think I would have purchased one independent the bundled package. Look for a used one?

Like mine, didn't think I would, but the screen is brill, and I really don't get the whole iOS android fight, as long as the hardware is upto it there's no difference, in fact the only device I had issues with flying the air was an iPad mini. But hey.

Also now that all dji's smart screens run on android, I think you might find the dev teams may switch to android first in the future, only makes sense for them.

Also the smart controller bundled MP2 has no mention of apple on the box any more, but who knows.

Still showing $749.00 for me. Cleared all browser cache.

Paul C

Attachments

• F7D2D7C7-C3B7-45C4-B3A1-8EF9D6CD7929.png
    F7D2D7C7-C3B7-45C4-B3A1-8EF9D6CD7929.png
    574.4 KB · Views: 29
I was hella lucky, bought and paid for the standard MP2 got the SC MP2 version delivered.

Not sure I'd pay that sort of money for the SC on its own, but they are 460gbp in the UK, and at that I think now knowing what I know I'd be tempted.

... the screen is brill, and I really don't get the whole iOS android fight, as long as the hardware is upto it there's no difference....
The SC is really nice. Pretty much ready to fly in seconds. I'm like you, I have owned / own devices from both operating systems. When I first started with the Ipad Air versus the Shield there was a small difference. The android version was a bit more mechanical and unfinished. That really is not the case any longer with the SC. I fly with both now and can really not tell much of a difference. SC is the only game in town and does what no other device on the market can do, No assembly necessary!

Reactions: Richmadonna
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest