Mavic Survives Rifle Shot... Returns to home flawlessly

Status
Not open for further replies.

itsneedtokno

I'm chillin, appreciate it though.
Reactions
Site
codyshoaf.myportfolio.com

This is insane, people need to stop already.

I mean, what a shot he must be, but come on, how many other lives was he putting at risk? Even if the answer is zero, that's property damage and just plain stupidity.

I cannot imagine how that battery continued to power the aircraft. I'd really like to see the aircraft DAT file.
I wanted to reach out to the owner and ask specifically for him to come here and post the dat for you.

I'm thinking if he will, you may even be able to determine the trajectory of the bullet based on data visible in the dat.

I wanted to reach out to the owner and ask specifically for him to come here and post the dat for you.

I'm thinking if he will, you may even be able to determine the trajectory of the bullet based on data visible in the dat.

That would be a fairly easy calculation with the DAT data.

I always wondered what my Remington 700 could do with the right scope, but then I realized that 389 feet (roughly 130 yards) is considered the low-end of the tactical scope distance scale, even at an upward trajectory.
  1. No, I wasn’t there.
  2. I haven’t bought a good scope yet.
  3. 18 U.S. Code 32 ?

61AB345F-780E-4A54-BE80-86E01E5769F7.jpeg

I always wondered what my Remington 700 could do with the right scope, but then I realized that 389 feet (roughly 130 yards) is considered the low-end of the tactical scope distance scale, even at an upward trajectory.
  1. No, I wasn’t there.
  2. I haven’t bought a good scope yet.
  3. 18 U.S. Code 32 ?

View attachment 104879
It was 389 feet up, who knows where the shooter was, he may have been pulling a Chris Kyle from a mile. Who knows man. You know that thing wasn't just completely stationary, maybe only barely moving, but imagine trying to pop a moving grape at 100 yards. That's how I imagine it looked in the sights lol.

Hopefully someone will get Scott Lee to come over here to hand over his dat file. ?

Again, I dont have IG, and that's where the hyperlink on the article redirects...

It was 389 feet up, who knows where the shooter was, he may have been pulling a Chris Kyle from a mile. Who knows man. You know that thing wasn't just completely stationary, maybe only barely moving, but imagine trying to pop a moving grape at 100 yards. That's how I imagine it looked in the sights lol.

Hopefully someone will get Scott Lee to come over here to hand over his dat file. ?

Again, I dont have IG, and that's where the hyperlink on the article redirects...
On the grassy knoll maybe...but the drone a regular A10 warthog...

It’s amazing how the battery performed... and extremely lucky the ESC and MB were not hit.

Reactions: uculc

I mean, what a shot he must be, but come on, how many other lives was he putting at risk? Even if the answer is zero, that's property damage and just plain stupidity.
They need to be in jail!

I hope he files a complaint with law enforcement.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Motorcycle Rider
Since it would be interesting to keep this thread alive in case we get to see any more information or data on this flight, it would be wise not to turn this into a gun rights debate - that's not allowed on this forum.

!
Since it would be interesting to keep this thread alive in case we get to see any more information or data on this flight, it would be wise not to turn this into a gun rights debate - that's not allowed on this forum.
Thanks sar and he is correct guys and some of you know it.
Some of you didn’t read the Guidelines you agreed to when you joined but you checked the box you did.
I have removed all the gun banter and edited out 1 really
unnecessary political remark. I know it’s hard to stay on track
in threads like this but we are. Without those files do you
even really know if that drone was in the air when it was shot. I couldn’t find no other info on it other than the article
that was posted. I could set mine up shoot it to look like it was hit from the air and post a few pictures.Sorry but I’m
a skeptic.
I did not issue any warnings but from here out I will.
Guys think before you post.
And somebody get on Instagram and get him to post them
files as was posted so there will be no doubt.

dc

Based on the damage it appears that there was a second shooter.
Not sure if you’re trying to be funny but one bullet would do that.

I cannot imagine how that battery continued to power the aircraft. I'd really like to see the aircraft DAT file.

Just goes to show how safe LiPo’s can be - no explosion/flames etc.

As long as the cells weren’t shorted or open circuited they will continue at their nominal voltage but capacity would have been reduced. A couple of years ago we did a test with a carbon fibre tube to test the effect of a crash puncturing a 2S LiPo and exactly nothing happened. Based in a hot dry country we were very wary of a potential fire - we have enough of those already!

Still fortunate it didn’t drop from the sky... assuming it really was in flight at the time.

Reactions: itsneedtokno
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929