DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Tracking confirmed! Ordered FlyMore 2/1, shipped 2/3!

czarmar

Reactions
Hey all!

My wife sprung for me to get a P3S for Christmas for my first 'real' drone, and quickly learned that I would be really into it, but regretted the fact that the P3S is hard to carry around just with it and iPhone/remote, much less travel with it. Also I found my range topping out at maybe 300m in my densely wifi'ed neighborhood. I saw there were some cheap and apparently effective range extenders for the P3S, but started lusting after the mavic range videos going for a mile, if not mile(s). Having divested myself of the awesome value of the P3S I decided that I'd step up and get the Mavic, but saw the long shipping times and people complaining of waiting months. Well I think DJI's shipping problems may be behind them, as I ordered the FlyLess combo 3 days ago, before deciding I'd really rather have the FlyMore, cancelled and reordered 2/1. I got my shipping tracking # today 2/3 with an expected delivery 2/7! I can't wait! I already have downloaded the SDK as I'm hoping to see about building some custom apps that leverage the forward distance sensing to dimension objects of interest for inspections. I mostly am iOS, but for this, I'm thinking about grabbing a Galaxy Tab 4 that I have laying around for easier app deployment, as long as it will fit into the Mavic controller.

I just passed the test for sUAS FAA 107, now let's see if I can make this drone pay for itself!

I've been flying quads for about 3 years - the indestructible starter Dromida Ominus that I still enjoy. I'd really like to see if I can get into business flying drones, focusing on inspections.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

Good luck and welcome to DonePilots newest forum czarmar . :)

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Mavic Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for
current developments in Mavic quadcopter’s. Read the manual a few times and watch lots of Youtube videos on the subject to give yourself a good start.
Enjoy! Thumbswayup

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803