DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Video Receiver

Ten8DoWork

Reactions
I'm looking for options to setup a remove viewing terminal for Mavic 2 Enterprise. This is for law enforcement use so there are some restrictions to youtube/facebook live streaming.

* Need to be able to receive video when not in close proximity to the primary ground station
* The DJI goggles are not a good option
* Prefer to avoid the dual controller option unless the secondary controller does not have any control over the UAV

On a mil system I used to fly, you could setup a secondary ground station and it would be "receive only". As long as you were in range of the UAV (regardless of primary ground station location) you could pick up the video. This is the kind of thing I'm hoping for.

Thanks in advance.

Reactions: ajerpas
AFAIK the only option is a second controller in that case. You would just have to unscrew the sticks or glue them in place...

My setup for a 2nd monitor is the Lilliput A7S attached to my CrystalSky or Smart Controller depending on which drone I'm flying. I do inspections with contractors quite a bit I give the Lilliput monitor to the contractor to view while I'm flying, it is attached with a 10ft HDMI cable. It works really well. The monitor is battery powered so there is only the HDMI cable to contend with. This however would not get your video signal at a distance from the pilot.

AFAIK the only option is a second controller in that case. You would just have to unscrew the sticks or glue them in place...

With this option, what is the step by step process to connecting a second controller after I've done the initial setup.

For example: We do the initial binding of the second controller and put everything in the box away. A few days later, I'm flying the Mavic for a mission. Another officer arrives on scene and turns on his "secondary" controller. Will it automatically start picking up the video as long as he is within line of sight of the UAV?

Trying to make sure this isn't a tedious process because the secondary controller will probably not be in the hands of a UAS operator and most likely will not be close to the primary controller.

With this option, what is the step by step process to connecting a second controller after I've done the initial setup.

For example: We do the initial binding of the second controller and put everything in the box away. A few days later, I'm flying the Mavic for a mission. Another officer arrives on scene and turns on his "secondary" controller. Will it automatically start picking up the video as long as he is within line of sight of the UAV?

Trying to make sure this isn't a tedious process because the secondary controller will probably not be in the hands of a UAS operator and most likely will not be close to the primary controller.
Another option for you may be THIS by Firehouse Technology, this is the company I get all my strobes from for the strobe mounts we sell, they are a good company. I don't have any personal experience with this but it sounds promising.
s616338283273788564_p80_i15_w640.jpeg

I'm looking for options to setup a remove viewing terminal for Mavic 2 Enterprise. This is for law enforcement use so there are some restrictions to youtube/facebook live streaming.

* Need to be able to receive video when not in close proximity to the primary ground station
* The DJI goggles are not a good option
* Prefer to avoid the dual controller option unless the secondary controller does not have any control over the UAV

On a mil system I used to fly, you could setup a secondary ground station and it would be "receive only". As long as you were in range of the UAV (regardless of primary ground station location) you could pick up the video. This is the kind of thing I'm hoping for.

Thanks in advance.
Hey mate, in the same boat as you. Send me a message if you're still looking - we do have something but it is quite expensive. I can send you the details if you like.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bertmag