DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic video wobbles (SOLVED)

liquidxtc13

Reactions
Hey guys!

A good friend of mine recently bought a Mavic, too. So we drove out of town together and I showed him the ropes a little. That evening he sent me a text with some video footage from earlier that day. At about 0:04 there's a distinct wobble going through the picture. As far as I'm concerned (after I talked to him) he did not stop hard or lift the throttle.

Any ideas?
Cheers, Liquid

Just my two cents, it looks like a sudden change in airflow. Every so often I will get a wobble but as long as it is not constant (broken blade) or poss. gimbal issues, I tend to just cut it out in post. He could also do an IMU, gimbal and compass calibration but I'm sure you already discussed that with him. If it continues, I would have the gimbal checked out as there may be a disruption in signal causing it. Again just my two cents.

Just my two cents, it looks like a sudden change in airflow. Every so often I will get a wobble but as long as it is not constant (broken blade) or poss. gimbal issues, I tend to just cut it out in post. He could also do an IMU, gimbal and compass calibration but I'm sure you already discussed that with him. If it continues, I would have the gimbal checked out as there may be a disruption in signal causing it. Again just my two cents.

Thanks for your Input, SGM!

So he did IMU, gimbal and compass calibration again, and since then has had no issues with wobbling in his videos anymore. But he is now struggling with center-focussed-only videos and images (edges of the picture seems blurred, about only 50% of the picture is really usable) as well as fogging of the gimbal lens. So maybe the whole gimbal system alltogether is broken which is why he will be sending his MP to DJI to have it checked out.

I'll keep you posted!

Cheers, Liquid

Liquid I'm sorry to hear of your friends issues, very frustrating and disappointing when you spend that kind of money with the hopes of making great videos.
I would send it back as well and hope the next does better. Thanks for the update

SGM

Reactions: Piggy
Hey guys,

just another update: So my friend talked to DJI and they then replaced the Mavic with a refurbished one. Which he complained about since he had only flown his Mavic one or two times. DJI then sent him a new one.
Guess what I'm trying to say: If you experience the issues described above, send the Mavic to DJI and request a replacement.

Cheers, Liquid

Reactions: k3vnnyork
Glad to hear it finally worked out. I'm sure this one will work as expected.
Good flying

Reactions: liquidxtc13
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maviclake