DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic water crash help

TruthSeeker1

Reactions
A4BB4F64-D06A-4392-A2BA-9628E0E9965B.jpeg Okay...so yesterday afternoon I crashed my mavic and it landed in a small pond. I got it out as soon as possible 3-4 min and then processed to put the mavic in rice. Now the battery seemed to be working immediately afterword but now is is desolating all green lights and I cannot shut it off. I have not plugged the battery back into the mavic because I want to make sure that that should be the next step.

right now i would not use it . it's a smart battery and in a few days it will discharge to storage voltage if the chip is still working ( the full green LED'S should not be lit ) . then you could charge the water soaked battery up and evaluate the battery . now if it was me i would put it aside or just toss it . it's been under water and i would not trust the battery . if this battery was used in a RC car or truck , not a problem but up in the air , no way . for me a $90 battery is not worth the price of my drone .
fly safe

I've read a lot of people take them apart and rinse with purest alcohol you can find then lightly blow it off.

Not battery the bird, trash the battery.

Be careful with the rice. I crashed into the water on my maiden flight. I did everything recommended. Towel dried, used a hair dryer on low then put it in a ziplock full of rice for 3 days. MY MP came back to life but rice got into the body and a kernel jammed the cooling fan. I realized it as soon as the unit overheated and cleared it. I would recommend wrapping your unit with cheesecloth before putting it in rice.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000