DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic wobbling right after launching

Andrew F

Reactions
Hey guys. I had an ongoing but sporadic problem with my Mavic wobbling or shaking or jittery like after taking off. It was driving me crazy. I tried almost everything until I finally discovered the setting for prop guards had been enabled. Once it was turned off - my Mavic was golden and completely stable again. Just wanted this in the record in case anyone else has the same issue.

Reactions: geigy
I tried almost everything until I finally discovered the setting for prop guards had been enabled. Once it was turned off - my Mavic was golden and completely stable again.
From memory, and others may correct me, but I believe that setting is actually for the prop *cages*, not the regular $15 snap-on guards. The cages use different, smaller propellers and at $159 are a much bigger deal, adding weight and no doubt significant changes to flight characteristics - hence the need for their own setting.

From memory, and others may correct me, but I believe that setting is actually for the prop *cages*, not the regular $15 snap-on guards. The cages use different, smaller propellers and at $159 are a much bigger deal, adding weight and no doubt significant changes to flight characteristics - hence the need for their own setting.
You might be right. I have the guards not the cage. I've only used the guards once and mist have switched on that feature then. The odd thing is the Mavic flew perfectly for months after and then developed the odd wobble. Something else must have changed (no updates at all) but now all is well. Since I couldn't find any other online help for the wobble I wanted to create this thread on case someone else experiences the same.

Reactions: Magilla Gorilla
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada