DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic wont return until battery is low.

Makarius

Reactions
Good evening

I've had the mavic pro since 2017. I don't use it quite as much as I like but every now and then I take it on family vacations and shot trips. On new years weekend 2020 we went to stay with family and i took it to the west side of the island. I took off and flew for a short while. When I tried to get to a certain spot for a picture the drone wouldn't fly to that spot. I directed the drone to other areas and it flew accordingly only if was to get further from the take off spot. Every time tried to get it back it was like it wouldn't cross an imaginary line. I pressed RTH but it wouldn't cross that line. I kept desperately trying to get it back until it started coming back. I feared the drone wouldn't make it with low battery but it did. After coming back from the trip I searched online but didn't find anything. Later I flew for a short distance and everything was working fine. I the took it to a camp site and again everything was working fine. another night during a blackout I record about 10 minutes and nothing weird happened. Fast forward to July 30th and the same thing from new year weekend happened. This time eve worse as the controller ready 0% on the battery for the last minutes as the drone was heading towards me. Its like it wont come back until certain battery drain has been achieved.

I have searched for this problem but had no luck. My final step is a reset but decided to ask here before that. Again the drone operates normally until i want to bring it back and it wont cross a certain point. I can fly to the sides or further but not closer. Not even with RTH. Then at some point while with low battery it slowly comes back but it being a close call.

I'm sorry for my English and appreciate any help.

Thanks

Spontaneously I think of possible flight restrictions close to the point where you took of. IF that would have been the case, the drone could have a problem returning to you.

The only way to get certainty though is, if you publish the flight log here (you find it on your phone/tablet, named by date and time, ending on .txt)

Any warnings on the app? Restricted airspace etc. Are you flying facing the sun when it happens as that can cause the sensors to stop forward movement. If so, fly backwards or turn off sensors.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrose