DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Yaw fault - Does this resonate with anyone?

Looks like video lag. Take it for a 5 or 10 minute demo flight at altitude of some landscape and see if it affects your product.
Really? Did you actually watch the video to the end? Where there is a shot of the drone ACTUALLY FREEZING IN MID AIR from another camera? And yes, when I do what you say have to edit round all the times it stops panning.

Really? Did you actually watch the video to the end? Where there is a shot of the drone ACTUALLY FREEZING IN MID AIR from another camera? And yes, when I do what you say have to edit round all the times it stops panning.

I tried to watch it to the end but your prop noise is really loud and you are trying to talk over he prop noise.

So how come with exactly the same settings it does it on RC but doesn't on WiFi?

You might be too close for the RC but close enough for the wifi.

You could try to take it up to altitude around 100' and 100' out in wifi mode and see how it goes. If no anomalies, land it then repeat the same procedure for the controller.

Also, look at the orientation of your antennae, they are 45 - 60° instead of 90° when you are flying in front of you.

View attachment 56404
It happens at distance as well. I've been doing these test for months. Surely if I'm "too close" then it doesn't matter if the attennae aren't optimised perfectly? And why just the one signal that gets corrupt? It never stutters in any other control direction, other that Yaw left or right. The aircraft is a replacement from DJI that still had stickers on it when I got it. (I said that before I turned on the drone)

It happens at distance as well. I've been doing these test for months. Surely if I'm "too close" then it doesn't matter if the attennae aren't optimised perfectly? And why just the one signal that gets corrupt? It never stutters in any other control direction, other that Yaw left or right. The aircraft is a replacement from DJI that still had stickers on it when I got it. (I said that before I turned on the drone)

"Surely" doesnt always apply to radio technology. lol

It actually matters more if you are close in-due to the nature of a 2.4ghz transmission.

If you are unhappy with the drone, and can still get it replaced under warranty, that might be the best thing to do.
I already have had it replaced already. I said that at the start of the video. I now think it's the remote. Thanks for your advice.

Anyone else seen this issue?

Some people replace their drones 2 or 3 times until they get a good one from DJI.

Good luck.

Thunderdrones over and out.

Last edited:
Given what I'm assuming is the relative rareness of this bug (and when I have seen it reported someone always chimes in with "video lag") I thought that the chances of getting two consecutive aircraft with the same problem was pretty unlikely. If the replacement stock is as flaky as you say I'll ask then to replace both the AC and RC once I've got their attention.

Hey mate,

How did you go ?

I am with you, chances of getting 2 dodgy drones doing exactly the same thing... See if you can find someone else with the same drone and use their controller :)

Hey mate,

How did you go ?

I am with you, chances of getting 2 dodgy drones doing exactly the same thing... See if you can find someone else with the same drone and use their controller :)
Thanks for the suggestion, but I couldn't find anyone local to help. Currently DJI are in possession of the replacement and the original controller, and I'm waiting for them to assess them. I suspect that this time they will send me a replacement for the controller as well. I made a video to address Thunderdrone's comments

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121