DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Zoom 2 Crash

mavicOHdan

Reactions
Was using mavic intelligent flight mode and was unable to get it out of the intelligent flight mode. Can someone please explain how to get the mavic out of of intelligent flight mode with both the app as well as the controller itself? I tried to take over the control from the auto mode by using the joysticks and it just kept flying in the auto mode. Thank you for your help.

• Wow
Reactions: Capt KO
Can someone please explain how to get the mavic out of of intelligent flight mode with both the app as well as the controller itself?
The manual says the following:

2020-04-09_22-32-57.png

Was using mavic intelligent flight mode and was unable to get it out of the intelligent flight mode. Can someone please explain how to get the mavic out of of intelligent flight mode with both the app as well as the controller itself? I tried to take over the control from the auto mode by using the joysticks and it just kept flying in the auto mode. Thank you for your help.
Unless you cancel the automated flight mode, you are just fighting against what the drone will keep trying to do.
You must cancel the automated flight mode before you can resume control.
The quickest way is to flick the Flight Mode switch out of P-GPS and back.
Then it's all yours.

You really should have an exit strategy before using any of the flight modes where the drone is operating outside your direct (ie joystick) command. I say this as a lover and user of the Waypoints flight mode. IMO opinion the safest practice is via the controller, not the app. I say this not only because of the chance of the app disconnecting (even the USB cable is easy to dislodge slightly if you're fumbling and panicking) but also because the controller controls can be found via feel while you keep eyes on/lookingfor the drone.

So, before an autonomous flight mode operation, glance down at the controller (this is particularly important if you have different drones/controllers), check the pause button location, perhaps even move one of your fingers there. Check the Sport button, move a finger to it and mentally rehearse which direction you have to move it.

Personally with the M2 I like the Sport mode button as my exit strategy since it is pretty near where my right thumb sits anyway. OMG, PANIC, DISORIENTED, WHATEVER ... right thumb forward, breathe, aviate, navigate, recover the situation.

Mike

Reactions: fguthrie and Gindra
Thank you for taking the time to reply. I was too excited to get the drone up in the air when it arrived and paid the price with a crash! Thanks again for the replies!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair