DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic zoom 4th of July best seat in the house

Nice Look - … But Your Gimbal Looks in Trouble there-
The Shaking is not Normal-

But Impressive view site - Amazing Fireworks - and there seemed like at least 20-30 smaller shows going on at the same time

Reactions: Arce101
Am I mistaken or the horizon is tilted?

Tilted and twitching.
I take off, lift to eye-level and if the image is tilted, I take a hold of the camera and give it a twist a couple of times till it levels. Not uncommon with my Mavic.
This may be caused by a but of dust in the gimbal.
Also, the moves are a bit snappy. Perhaps consider Tripod or Cine mode - or edit out the jerks.

I thought the video looked pretty good as compared to what I produced. Do you remember what your all your settings were? Altitude, distance from fireworks, camera settings. And would you mind sharing them? I tried to video fireworks with my M2Z and unfortunately didn't turn out near as nice as yours. I shot in 4K, 25 frames per second, no filters. Not very good to my liking but really want to improve. I set my focus at about 100' from a light source with manual focus on the ground and then set the focus to auto focus for videoing.
Thank you for your consideration.

I thought the video looked pretty good as compared to what I produced. Do you remember what your all your settings were? Altitude, distance from fireworks, camera settings. And would you mind sharing them? I tried to video fireworks with my M2Z and unfortunately didn't turn out near as nice as yours. I shot in 4K, 25 frames per second, no filters. Not very good to my liking but really want to improve. I set my focus at about 100' from a light source with manual focus on the ground and then set the focus to auto focus for videoing.
Thank you for your consideration.
4K 30 auto focus nothing special but I’ll double check when I get home at work now

4K 30 auto focus nothing special but I’ll double check when I get home at work now
Thank you!! Really interested in your altitude and distance from the fireworks. Thanks again.

The fireworks were in the baseball field so give or take athousand feet maybe

The fireworks were in the baseball field so give or take athousand feet maybe
Thank you so much. I believe my main problem was that I was way to close. Doing this ones a year sure keeps one from getting any practice. I shot in 4K but at 25 frames per second. I will make notes and do 30fps next year. Thanks again my friend.

Just upload to u tube and copy and paste to this
[/QUOT
Having trouble trying to find out how to copy to youtube. Don't know why it is so difficult. Haven't given up yet, but close.

Yea had a crash never been the same so I stick some tape on the horizontal tilt to keep it from drooping to the side

I thought you got that fixed awhile back? or did you just ask for it back and never got it done? Unfortunate that its titled - would have been a spot on shot if it wasn't shaking so much

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest