DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

mavic zoom fell out from the sky

Reactions
yup was happily taking pictures and out of nowhere. boom crash.

drones was busted beyond repair and recognition amazon still accepted the refund but. this is absolutely insane.

their is a problem with the new mavics and whos knows how many drones are susceptible to that tiny issue of suddenly shutting down, crashing and burning

Welcome to the forum but
their is a problem with the new mavics and whos knows how many drones are susceptible to that tiny issue of suddenly shutting down, crashing and burning
is incorrect .
DJI Flight Log Viewer - Phantom Help Post your Log as Jobie said .

Flight Log

@Joebie after looking at the logs it suddenly just gets cut off

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2018-10-25_[18-05-50].txt
    373.7 KB · Views: 29
Let me summon @sar104 as he is one of the best I have seen and what he see's and tells you you can put in your pipe and smoke it.There are several others as well but names I can't think of at this moment.

yup was happily taking pictures and out of nowhere. boom crash.

drones was busted beyond repair and recognition amazon still accepted the refund but. this is absolutely insane.

So far the cause for this often is the battery not being fully locked in place. For whatever reason.
The log guru's will shed some light.

The log does end abruptly, so it's difficult to say exactly what happened. The last 5 seconds of the flight seems strange though; the aircraft is in P-GPS mode with full forwards elevator into a headwind of around 20 mph, but the pitch reaches -35.5°. That's excessive - the specified maximum tilt in P-GPS mode is 25°.

Graph0.png

I don't know what to conclude about this one. The mobile device DAT file might shed some more light on the issue.

The log does end abruptly, so it's difficult to say exactly what happened. The last 5 seconds of the flight seems strange though; the aircraft is in P-GPS mode with full forwards elevator into a headwind of around 20 mph, but the pitch reaches -35.5°. That's excessive - the specified maximum tilt in P-GPS mode is 25°.

View attachment 51813

I don't know what to conclude about this one. The mobile device DAT file might shed some more light on the issue.

Where do I get the .DAT file?

And you mean the drone titled downwards?
Im not very versed in these things

Where do I get the .DAT file?

And you mean the drone titled downwards?
Im not very versed in these things

How to retrieve a V3.DAT from the tablet

It was pitched forwards, as you would expect with full forward elevator into a headwind, but the angle was 10° more than normal. Right at the end you released the elevator to center, which likely caused a sudden pitch back (not recorded because the log stops). That kind of maneuver may have dislodged the battery if it were not properly latched.

Reactions: mrbrightside777
I made the following comment back in another post and while I might be rushing to judgement I truly believe DJI is rushing new products to market and using it's paying customers as beta testers under the guise of a new product.
You would think after all the time the pro has been on the market you would think DJI would have most of the bugs worked out. Oh sure someone is going to come on here and simply say well these are all new bugs........my point exactly!!!!!!!!
mikemoose55

Reactions: mrbrightside777
So far the cause for this often is the battery not being fully locked in place. For whatever reason.
The log guru's will shed some light.

@sar104
That actually might make some sense. But if the battery was not latched on properly it wouldn't fly right? I mean. I've already done that maneuver before I got to the intersection

Attachments

• 18-10-25-06-04-10_FLY062.DAT
    2.3 MB · Views: 8
@sar104
That actually might make some sense. But if the battery was not latched on properly it wouldn't fly right? I mean. I've already done that maneuver before I got to the intersection

No - it will fly - at least with one side unlatched. There have been a few cases where this appears to have caused loss of power in flight. None of your previous maneuvers generated 35° tilt.

No - it will fly - at least with one side unlatched. There have been a few cases where this appears to have caused loss of power in flight. None of your previous maneuvers generated 35° tilt.

What does the .DAT file say?
i mean I always hear the click when I put on the batteries.

I don't know why it would do that.

One lesson I'm learning from these posts, is to firmly grip the battery on both ends holding the top of the battery and the bottom of the Mavic for good pressure, and give an aggressive squeeze to hard-click the battery in place with one aggressive motion. I've seen enough of these now to believe extra caution is warranted with every battery change.

Reactions: Clinton1
I've noticed on one of my batteries the left locking tab does not stick out as far as the other tab or both tabs on my other two batteries. I can pry the left side loose after latching it in, though it takes more force to do so than I would expect during a flight, unless maybe if you're doing acrobatics.

Also it can power up even with both sides not latched, though I found it hard to do. You only seem to get a warning if both sides are unlatched. Should warn if either is unlatched.

One lesson I'm learning from these posts, is to firmly grip the battery on both ends holding the top of the battery and the bottom of the Mavic for good pressure, and give an aggressive squeeze to hard-click the battery in place with one aggressive motion. I've seen enough of these now to believe extra caution is warranted with every battery change.

Yeah but this is basing on the assumption that the battery dislodgement was the case which I doubt it was :/

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rugnrollseo