DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Zoom Hi Resolution Mode, Pt 2

AlienDrone

Reactions
Greetings once again fellow pilots! Well, after much stressful deliberations and with the generous advise by members of this forum I have decided to go with Mavic 2 Pro.? If I may, I would like to seek further advise concerning this purchase. I'm considering ordering the copter with a fly more package. It appears as though the multi-charger supplied with this package is a sequential charger. I'm not looking for a Fast Charge charger since I want to maximize battery life, but I would like one that charges up to four batteries simultaneously at the standard rate of charge. Is there such a charger available? Also, I'm interested in the Smart controller but at this point I want to keep things as simple possible. Should I stick with the standard controller for now? Thank you again for your very generous advise!

Greetings once again fellow pilots! Well, after much stressful deliberations and with the generous advise by members of this forum I have decided to go with Mavic 2 Pro.? If I may, I would like to seek further advise concerning this purchase. I'm considering ordering the copter with a fly more package. It appears as though the multi-charger supplied with this package is a sequential charger. I'm not looking for a Fast Charge charger since I want to maximize battery life, but I would like one that charges up to four batteries simultaneously at the standard rate of charge. Is there such a charger available? Also, I'm interested in the Smart controller but at this point I want to keep things as simple possible. Should I stick with the standard controller for now? Thank you again for your very generous advise!
You are right to question the value of the fly more combo. By my calculations the value of the fly more combo is about $358(cost of two batteries and 2 pairs of props. All the other stuff you will want to replace sooner or later.

There are numerous third party chargers on the market that charge in parallel and are significantly less expensive than DJIs.

The bag that comes with it is just kinda too small. You have to really stuff it in there.

I can see why they have the fly more combo. It’s to give people that have never had a DJI drone before the peace of mind that they are getting everything they need but it’s significantly over priced. To give you an idea the Mavic Pro Platinum fly more combo is only $100 more than the base model and it comes with the same accessories some of them are identical. Mavic 2 batteries aren’t quite twice as much as MPP batteries yet the fly more combo for M2 is over 400% more expensive.

I would say get the smart controller if you can afford it. The discount you get when purchasing the drone and the Smart controller together is a huge incentive to get it at the same time as the drone. I’m not sure it’s more complex than wiring up a device to the remote. Smart controller’s bright screen is great.

Reactions: Gindra
"By my calculations the value of the fly more combo is about $358(cost of two batteries and 2 pairs of props. All the other stuff you will want to replace sooner or later."

I can't agree with you there. If that's all you really want out of it, then sure, but several other items there have value to many.
Car charger - many times it's come in handy, especially when I have a Prius so I can leave the ignition on and not waste much in gasoline. I also have a SLA battery car jumper that I can supply 12 to the DJI charger.
Charging hub - I know it's sequential but I'm OK with that. Better than having to switch batteries manually! I've considered third party parallel chargers but the watts needed has given problems to many varieties. And it works with both the AC and car charger.
I like the bag. Most of the time it holds just what I need.

"By my calculations the value of the fly more combo is about $358(cost of two batteries and 2 pairs of props. All the other stuff you will want to replace sooner or later."

I can't agree with you there. If that's all you really want out of it, then sure, but several other items there have value to many.
Car charger - many times it's come in handy, especially when I have a Prius so I can leave the ignition on and not waste much in gasoline. I also have a SLA battery car jumper that I can supply 12 to the DJI charger.
Charging hub - I know it's sequential but I'm OK with that. Better than having to switch batteries manually! I've considered third party parallel chargers but the watts needed has given problems to many varieties. And it works with both the AC and car charger.
I like the bag. Most of the time it holds just what I need.
We'll just have to agree to disagree I think. For $121 I would probably just get this SMATREE Portable charger that charges up to 4 batteries simultaneously anywhere any time. No need for a car charger or separate wall charger and no need to hook up to any jumper cables or waste any gas.

You are right to question the value of the fly more combo. By my calculations the value of the fly more combo is about $358(cost of two batteries and 2 pairs of props. All the other stuff you will want to replace sooner or later.

There are numerous third party chargers on the market that charge in parallel and are significantly less expensive than DJIs.

The bag that comes with it is just kinda too small. You have to really stuff it in there.

I can see why they have the fly more combo. It’s to give people that have never had a DJI drone before the peace of mind that they are getting everything they need but it’s significantly over priced. To give you an idea the Mavic Pro Platinum fly more combo is only $100 more than the base model and it comes with the same accessories some of them are identical. Mavic 2 batteries aren’t quite twice as much as MPP batteries yet the fly more combo for M2 is over 400% more expensive.

I would say get the smart controller if you can afford it. The discount you get when purchasing the drone and the Smart controller together is a huge incentive to get it at the same time as the drone. I’m not sure it’s more complex than wiring up a device to the remote. Smart controller’s bright screen is great.
Thanks for your reply! Yes, I doubt I would use that bag. I could see using it if i was packing for a flight somewhere, but not for day to day use. If I'm not mistaken, this same package was selling for $319 less than a year ago, now I see it for $439......Ouch!

If the charger in this fly more package is sequential, it seems like that would be a long charge time for 3 batteries.

Thanks for your reply! Yes, I doubt I would use that bag. I could see using it if i was packing for a flight somewhere, but not for day to day use. If I'm not mistaken, this same package was selling for $319 less than a year ago, now I see it for $439......Ouch!

If the charger in this fly more package is sequential, it seems like that would be a long charge time for 3 batteries.
Interestingly, I found the fly more combo on DJI’s Amazon store for $379.

DJI Mavic 2 Fly More Kit for Mavic 2 PRO & Mavic 2 Zoom Accessories Combo Bundle

This is the official DJI store on Amazon which means it’s an authorized seller (literally DJI direct) AND you get the benefit of Amazon’s return policy since it’s fulfilled by Amazon. $20 is acceptable for the car charger, wall charger, charging bank, case (even if you eventually replace those things still good to have an extra or back up), and I forgot the flymore does come with a handy little tool that the Mavic batteries plug into and it converts it to two 2A USB outlets, making it mavic battery a high capacity power bank.

I use this to charge my phone on the plane or in a pinch you can connect the remote to it via the remote’s charging port and use it to charge the remote while flying. I THINK this will charge the Smart Controller BUT I am not positive so don’t quote me unless I’m right ?

Two points....I bought the M2P and SC package due to the bundled price....I have flown since the P2V came out and found a smartphone display was too dim for me regardless of the smartphone model.....the SC IMHO is highly visible and less setup required when I go flying.

While the M2P has a plug to charge the SC, it is inadequate and the dedicated SC wall plug charger should be used.

We'll just have to agree to disagree I think. For $121 I would probably just get this SMATREE Portable charger that charges up to 4 batteries simultaneously anywhere any time. No need for a car charger or separate wall charger and no need to hook up to any jumper cables or waste any gas.

I can appreciate that. It's all a matter of opinion and style.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kramme