DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic2 / Epson BT300 glasses & after market app

For the Mavic 2 to work with DJI Go4 and BT-300 you need the Remote Controller RC1A , you might have the RC1B model which is not compatible.

Swapping to another app unfortunately doesn't work either without the RC1A version of the Mavic 2 controller

For the Mavic 2 to work with DJI Go4 and BT-300 you need the Remote Controller RC1A , you might have the RC1B model which is not compatible.

Swapping to another app unfortunately doesn't work either without the RC1A version of the Mavic 2 controller

Sorry guys
But this sounds like a bad joke!
I bought my mavic 2 pro in december 2019 (RC1B) and my Moverio BT-300 in february 2020. I bought the Moverio to use it with the Mavic 2 because Epson is promoting it to be compatible with the BT-300.
Let me guess... if I find a RC1A remote, it will probably not work with my mavic 2, right?

Do you know if there will be a software solution for that problem soon or do I have to return them?
IMG_3513.jpg
Thanks for your help!
cheers

Thanks to everybody for the quick response!

Spent hours trying to get it work!
Will send the bill to Epson!?

I still have some questions:
- doesn't the RC1B work with andriod devices at all? Or is it only a hardware problem with the BT-300 device?
- Is it a real hardware problem and not something that could be solved with a future software update?
- does anybody know how long the the RC1B remote exists. already?
- can you bind the FPV DJI remote to the Mavic 2 and use it withe BT-300 instead?

tx a lot for your help!

Welcome to the forum, Dennis and Doros!

I had two RCs (both RC1A & RC1B), and recently sold my RC1B and iPad Mini 4, to cover the cost of the Moverio BT-300 glasses. After a few weeks, I’m still so happy with my decision.

- doesn't the RC1B work with andriod devices at all? Or is it only a hardware problem with the BT-300 device?
- Is it a real hardware problem and not something that could be solved with a future software update?
- does anybody know how long the the RC1B remote exists. already?
- can you bind the FPV DJI remote to the Mavic 2 and use it withe BT-300 instead?
  • RC1B works with Android devices.
  • All previous info I’ve read here points to a real hardware incompatibility between the BT-300 and the RC1B. No work arounds.
  • My understanding is that the RC1B began shipping with all Mavic 2 units with the introduction of the Mavic 2 Enterprise. Not sure of ship date, but it was announced on October 9, 2018.
  • If by “FPV DJI remote” you’re referring to the DJI Smart Controller (SC), the BT-300 does not work with the SC. For the SC, one would purchase the BT-35, connecting via the SC HDMI port.
In addition to DJI Go 4, the BT-300 may be loaded with third-party Epson Soar app and the Litchi app, which are third party apps that will control your Mavic 2 unit.

@Dennis Nicholls: Hopefully you’ve swapped out to get the RC1A, and are enjoying your BT-300 these days.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mfpullen
Hi everybody!

Got finaly an RC1A remote and it works with the BT300 and the DJi 4 Go App.
The only issue I have now is that the during flight I have a big lagging on the visual transmission.
I think I heard something about a problem of the CPU of the BT300 glasses to handle the new versions of the DJI 4 Go app because of performance issues.

Does anybody has a solution how to handle that problem?

cheers

Doros

Does anybody has a solution how to handle that problem?
Congratulations on your new RC1A! Unfortunately that lag you’re experiencing is a commonly known occurrence. The BT-300 came to market nearly four years ago, so the Android version is aging and only getting occasional updates, but there’s no way to upgrade its processing power.

When keeping within VLOS I don’t experience the lag. But when I find myself in times of trouble (beyond VLOS), Mother Mary ain’t coming to me [I’m not apologizing for the Beatles reference]. I simply fly back within a respectable radius, even with the video lag, and the lag slowly goes away.

I loaded the go4 app that I have been using since I got my Mav Gen I almost 3 years ago. I think it's on 4.0.4 or 4.0.5. Less resource hoggy than the other versions as "they grew"....
I also wiped/restored the device and loaded only the Go4 app.
Yeah, the processor is not the fastest....

Sorry guys
But this sounds like a bad joke!
I bought my mavic 2 pro in december 2019 (RC1B) and my Moverio BT-300 in february 2020. I bought the Moverio to use it with the Mavic 2 because Epson is promoting it to be compatible with the BT-300.
Let me guess... if I find a RC1A remote, it will probably not work with my mavic 2, right?

Do you know if there will be a software solution for that problem soon or do I have to return them?
View attachment 96925
Thanks for your help!
cheers

I think I was one of the originals that started all this off a long while back
I ended up buying a second hand RC1A off eBay for my BRAND NEW Mavic pro 2
I still got the other controller never used in my Draw.
I have had two Mavic pros 2 over past two years and have NEVER used a phone or tablet as once you use the glasses you will never fly with anything else

Reactions: Imisor
The "lagginess" comes from 3 things:

1. The processor: is somewhat "limited", they should have gone up a couple of steps for longevity.
B. The Go4 app: Controller could not keep up with the later versions, they got more resource hungry. See 4 below.
4. Heat: this unit does generate a good amount of heat, which will cause the lagginess. Early versions of the Go4 app will help with this. I'm running 4.0.4 or 4.0.5 (Right now, I am trying out the "current" NLD version of the Go4 app, but haven't been able to really run the NLD version yet) See B above..

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmikebennett