DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic3 and RC PRO

Niku

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Ladies and gentlemen,
Can anyone advise? A couple of weeks ago I bought a Mavic-3 and RC PRO remote control. I can't connect this to the network! Works at home via modem, I use wifi network! Outdoors I have tried wifi / wifi hotspot / Bluetooth! Nothing happens!! I sent this same message to Dji Mavic for support in the Netherlands! There was no one to know the reason for that either! Another problem is the camera zoom. If I turn it on then the flying will be interrupted! All updates are done !!! Help would be needed now!

Yes I noticed same typreproblem I think. Attempting to use my iphone 13 as a hotspot (to allow me to have the mapping work on RC Pro) Noticed the many settings in the RC. Was a little confusing. Somehow got it working today .. but don't know how as I tried so many differnt things with settings. Strangely now when I look at the settings they seem to be off in the RC Pro while I'm using it. I think once I managed to pair it ..with the phone (on mobile data) the rest seemed to fall in place. Confusing eh? Well soon I will start from scratch .. and write down all the steps I try .. and the results. Try and do things sequentially right. Will keep you posted. Merv Aussie

The RC Pro system was based on the Android system.
Which means the Wi-Fi and the Bluetooth is not compatible with IOS system.

If I understand you correctly, you would like to transfer files from RC Pro directly to iPhone.
Here are two ways as a temporary solution:
1. Online sharing platform
RC Pro and iPhone use the same WIFI and go to the same online sharing platform.
There you can transfer the file to the iPhone with the wifi.

2, You can also tried to save all the video on your Mavic 3
There is a quick transfer function for the Mavic 3.
You can first download the DJI Fly App on your iPhone.
Turn on the Wi-Fi and the Bluetooth, and only turn on the Mavic 3.
You can transfer the file from the drone and the SD card inside the drone to your iPhone with the quick Transfer function.

For RC Pro, there will be soon a new function similar to the quick transfer as the Mavic 3 published in the future.

I am considering purchasing an RC Pro for my existing Mavic 3. There should be no issue using ANY phone as a hotspot for mapping in particular. Wi-Fi/bluetooth are standards that manufacturers adhere to so that devices can easily talk to each other; but clearly the issue seems to be configuration of both devices. There must be a ton of people out there with iPhone and RC Pro using then successfully. Can anyone expand on this please? Thanks

I am considering purchasing an RC Pro for my existing Mavic 3. There should be no issue using ANY phone as a hotspot for mapping in particular. Wi-Fi/bluetooth are standards that manufacturers adhere to so that devices can easily talk to each other; but clearly the issue seems to be configuration of both devices. There must be a ton of people out there with iPhone and RC Pro using then successfully. Can anyone expand on this please? Thanks
Set up the iPhone as a Personal Hotspot and also turn on Maximise Compatibility.

On the RCPro connect to the iPhone using the password you set in the Personal Hotspot.

Worked first time and every time since, you must turn on Maximise Compatibility for it to work.

Bluetooth is not required.

You cannot transfer files from the RCPro over Bluetooth into a device running iOS, apple doesn’t allow it due to security concerns.

Reactions: Coskier
Set up the iPhone as a Personal Hotspot and also turn on Maximise Compatibility.

On the RCPro connect to the iPhone using the password you set in the Personal Hotspot.

Worked first time and every time since, you must turn on Maximise Compatibility for it to work.

Bluetooth is not required.

You cannot transfer files from the RCPro over Bluetooth into a device running iOS, apple doesn’t allow it due to security concerns.
Thanks John for your succinct reply. I thought as much.

The RC Pro system was based on the Android system.
Which means the Wi-Fi and the Bluetooth is not compatible with IOS system.

Android devices should connect to iPhone hotspot no problem. I do it all the time. Not with RC Pro though. But some Android devices that are much older.

Bluetooth is compatible too.

That’s what standards are for.

Next you’ll be saying Macs can’t talk to PC’s over Ethernet.

However, iPhone hotspot can be rather fussy though. Are you sure your iPhone plan offers it. Many carriers limit Hotspot bandwidth, total GB and Connections. Especially on “unlimited” plans.

Try connecting another device to the iPhone hot spot.
Try rebooting both devices.
Try doing a “forget” on client device (RC Pro).

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka