MavicPilots Mobile App Discontinued

clackey

Founder
Staff Member
Reactions
Site
dronepilots.media
Hey all!

I just wanted to let you know that we'll soon be discontinuing support of the MavicPilots mobile app (ios/android) developed by Tapatalk. Over the past couple of years, Google and Apple have started rejecting "framework" apps that differ only in content. As you can imagine this creates issues for online communities such as ours that run multiple forums on the same platform. Therefore, each time we submit updates to the apps we get rejected with something like, "We noticed that your app provides the same feature set as other apps submitted to the App Store; it simply varies in content or language, which is considered a form of spam."

We've kept old versions of the apps out there for a while but they seem to be having more and more issues so we decided to go ahead and pull them for good.

Fortunately, our mobile web implementation has improved dramatically over the last few years so you can access all the amazing MavicPilots content and features by visiting MavicPilots.com from your iPhone or Android web browser.

We are always researching and evaluating new technologies so we might make another run at a mobile app in the future.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Cassidy

Ok, but this way you disabled also Tapatalk app itself i am using for all my subscribed forums ...
Why don't you just direct users to tapatalk?

Ok, but this way you disabled also Tapatalk app itself i am using for all my subscribed forums ...
Why don't you just direct users to tapatalk?
Sorry about that. Unfortunately, they all use the same problematic tapatalk APIs which don't update well, don't support all our features, etc.. We see just a fraction of 1% of our users using the TT app but the support costs are much higher. It seems as though TT, the company is struggling a bit lately as their support and updates have really dropped lately. C.

Reactions: brusa69
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmikebennett