DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic's ability to hover in place when windy - does it depend on flight mode?

royalhghnss

Reactions
So 6 test cases, what happens in each case (stay in place or drift)? Assume you're not telling it to move, just letting it hover. What I'm trying to figure out is if the mode/setting has an effect on the Mavic's ability to stay in place when it's windy. I know it matters when you're moving, but not sure on hovering. My guess is it does.

10 mph wind - Tripod mode
10 mph wind - p-mode (OA on)
10 mph wind - sport mode

25 mph wind - Tripod mode
25 mph wind - p-mode (OA on)
25 mph wind - sport mode

You don't need wind to test this, just grab it and pull it from where it's hovering. It should always try to go back to where you pulled it from.

You don't need wind to test this, just grab it and pull it from where it's hovering. It should always try to go back to where you pulled it from.

Sorry if my question was unclear, but that doesn't help answer it at all.

The Mavic takes your stick input as a velocity control. Stick centered = no movement. It will attempt to hold position the exact same way on all modes (excluding the autonomous modes of course), the modes only affect the response to user commands.

Reactions: royalhghnss
I think hovering accuracy has more to do with VPS than flight mode. If you are less than 10M above the ground in good light, it will hold steady in any flight mode. If you are above 10M, it will drift based on the GPS accuracy and IMU state at the time. As said before, I doubt flight mode will make any difference if you are not using the sticks.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143