DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavik water crash

UhBud

Reactions
While cruising a lake shore to establish a passing shot of a lake property, my advanced collision warning System started beeping, simultaneously, as I watched the drone on my controller hit and tumble through a tree. My last position on the flight log suggested that I had actually landed on the shore (swamp), some 30 feet away from where it actually landed in the lake, in 18" of water, where it sat for 4 hrs.. This northern Minnesota lake is very clean and clear (20 ft.+).

I've let it dry on a bed of rice, covered with plastic, for a week. I've scrubbed the battery connections with electrical contact cleaner, and run contact cleaner thru the motors. I'm reluctant to go any further with out some guidance.

I did power up the drone, controller, and the dji go 4 app. on my iPhone. The controller displays a "sys warning" and "check app" warning. At the top of the app screen I have a "Vision System Error". In "overall status" I have an ESC status error, a forward vision sensor error, and a vision sensor communications error (40800).

I'd love to get some advice on how to proceed from here. Is it salvageable, do I send it in to dji, is there a software fix, or is there local help near Minneapolis?

Suggestions?,

UhBud

Do you have DJI Care coverage? Have you tried a new battery or at least one that hasn't taken a bath?

This isn't going to be a software issue. Four hours in water and probably powered on when it went in - expect some damage to electronics. I would disassemble it to check for any residual moisture, dirt, or debris, and inspect for signs of damaged electronics. If you're not comfortable opening it up, prepare to send it off for repair.

@Thunderdrones works on drones and might be able to help you with better advice and repairs.

In "overall status" I have an ESC status error, a forward vision sensor error, and a vision sensor communications error

Thank you @JeepDSL for the mention.

Are you getting any video feed and gimbal movement? Vision sensor is not an expensive repair, but your main FC ESC board probably needs to be replaced.

Dont give up the ship. I have repaired a good number of Mavics that have been submerged, and some were not too expensive to repair.

Sent OP a PM.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929