DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MavMount 4 too loose in Mavic Air controller

Soaring Eagle

Reactions
I recently came to the conclusion that my old eyes needed a larger screen than my phone to properly decipher the information provided by the DJI GO4 App. After much research I settled on the Ipad mini 4 tablet, which led to the need of a quality mount to bring it together with the controller. I decided on the MavMount 4 because of it's sturdy construction and ergonomics.
However, after it arrived I came to find that the fit from my controller arms and the attachment plate to be too loose to keep the controller from sliding out of it and bouncing off of the ground. After several outings where I was constantly trying to reset mounting plate back firmly into the arms of the controller, I realized that I had to modify it in someway to keep things secure. What to use? Velcro, rubber bands, tape, wedges of some sort? Then it hit me....Plastidip!
Having used it in the past to regrip various tools it seemed to be a good option, just how to properly apply it so that it did not mess up my brand new mount? The container that it is sold in is too small around to be able to dip the plate in, so I took a 1' wide x 5'' long cardboard box that came from another on line order and cut it to a 2' depth, lined it with a plastic sandwich bag, and poured the Plastidip into it to a depth of 1/2 ". I then threaded some paracord through the cut outs in the plate and dipped each end into the Plastidip and hung it from a painters stick above some Aluminum foil. Let dry, redip, let dry about 4 times. Let it cure over night and then gave it a run. Presto! Perfect fit, no slip, very secure in mount, and great solution to issue!

Controller will not slip off plate even when hung upside down from lanyard and simple fix.
Hope this might some else out there.
Fly High, Fly Far, Fly Safe!

Attachments

• plastidip.jpg
    plastidip.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 32
  • mount 3.jpg
    mount 3.jpg
    841.7 KB · Views: 32
  • mount 4.jpg
    mount 4.jpg
    902.3 KB · Views: 33