DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavmount locked up on me

bburnett15

Reactions
Has anyone experienced this? I dont use it all the time but for most of the time that i have owned it, the only 2 possible adjustments are locked in place. (In other words, the screen is at a odd angle and theres nothing i can fo about it.) Just wondering if others had this happen and what did they do to fix?

Sounds like the knob is broke. I just looked at mine and the knob is fastened via a central bolt. If you turn it counter-clockwise, the entire knob screws off of the head. So if the collar (the rubber grip and the plastic it's glued to) spins freely while the bolt in the center does not turn, then it's a broken knob (not enough friction to unloosen the bolt).

There's a hex tightener on the opposite side of the knob bolt. If you loosen that, the knob bolt might turn.

The ball head can be replaced, unbolted from the bottom.

Chris

If you need a ball mount, I can send this one. Extra stuff just sitting around. New, never used.540D41DE-1890-464A-999E-0CFBF8204CC4.jpeg

Reactions: hiflyer201
No. I have trouble sometimes keeping mine locked down. An iPad Air 2 with a lightweight sun shade will sometimes cause it to come loose.

I'm talking about the ball-head with the tightening knob.

Chris
If you need a ball mount, I can send this one. Extra stuff just sitting around. New, never used.View attachment 117378
Thank you, very generous offer but Mavmount said they will be sending me a new one. I hope that will do it.

Sounds like the knob is broke. I just looked at mine and the knob is fastened via a central bolt. If you turn it counter-clockwise, the entire knob screws off of the head. So if the collar (the rubber grip and the plastic it's glued to) spins freely while the bolt in the center does not turn, then it's a broken knob (not enough friction to unloosen the bolt).

There's a hex tightener on the opposite side of the knob bolt. If you loosen that, the knob bolt might turn.

The ball head can be replaced, unbolted from the bottom.

Chris
You hit the nail on the head!

Good news! I had posed the question to Mavmount shortly before i posted it here . Just as i finished posting the question here, my phone rings snd its Mavmount calling ME! They walked me through it and showed me that chris was right, the knob was spinning freely but the bolt was not. They will be sending me a replacement! What a good company- i send them a question, they call me , walk me througn it and send a replacement part! They’re just like LL Bean!

Good news! I had posed the question to Mavmount shortly before i posted it here . Just as i finished posting the question here, my phone rings snd its Mavmount calling ME! They walked me through it and showed me that chris was right, the knob was spinning freely but the bolt was not. They will be sending me a replacement! What a good company- i send them a question, they call me , walk me througn it and send a replacement part! They’re just like LL Bean!
Hey buddy... just saw this. Thanks for posting! i do like to call when something is wrong so we can take care of it ASAP. Hope you're all set!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxRichu