DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MavMount Review

Banana_Furikake

Reactions
Hey folks- I had the awesome opportunity to try out some really neat toys at International Drone Day in Portland, Oregon as one of the organizers- I normally fly with my iphone with the Mavic but find it to be a pain in the rear to see things on the small screen. To give you background I usually fly my Inspire 2 with X5s and iPad Pro 9.7, and the iPhone is just too cramped to properly frame shots. I was fortunate enough to meet William Jason of MavMount DJI Mavic Ipad and Spark Tablet Holder who showed me his creation. The mavmount- and this is my quick review. I had my iPad mini handy so I had a chance to give it a spin. The holder is weighted and balanced well at 10 oz and is built solidly. It feels really good in the hands and doesn't feel unnaturally heavy. This is not a cheapo something that will break easily. Made of fully anodized 6061 aluminum, the base is solidly machined and engineered to fit perfectly in your Mavic controller. The ball joint is heavy duty and won't slip. The new version comes with a lip or locking tab that keeps the mount from rocking in the controller. Bill even let me know that there is an option for a clip for a neck strap. It comes in a number colors so you can choose what you like. Prices are super reasonable for what you get (<$60 on sale) so if you're looking for something that will hold something larger than an iPhone- check this out. (Disclaimer- I don't work for or with Bill).

Attachments

• IMG_7589.JPG
    IMG_7589.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 484
  • IMG_7592.JPG
    IMG_7592.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 491
  • IMG_7598.JPG
    IMG_7598.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 445
  • IMG_7600.JPG
    IMG_7600.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 483
  • IMG_7605.JPG
    IMG_7605.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 479
  • IMG_7607.JPG
    IMG_7607.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 472
Hey folks- I had the awesome opportunity to try out some really neat toys at International Drone Day in Portland, Oregon as one of the organizers- I normally fly with my iphone with the Mavic but find it to be a pain in the rear to see things on the small screen. To give you background I usually fly my Inspire 2 with X5s and iPad Pro 9.7, and the iPhone is just too cramped to properly frame shots. I was fortunate enough to meet William Jason of MavMount DJI Mavic Ipad and Spark Tablet Holder who showed me his creation. The mavmount- and this is my quick review. I had my iPad mini handy so I had a chance to give it a spin. The holder is weighted and balanced well at 10 oz and is built solidly. It feels really good in the hands and doesn't feel unnaturally heavy. This is not a cheapo something that will break easily. Made of fully anodized 6061 aluminum, the base is solidly machined and engineered to fit perfectly in your Mavic controller. The ball joint is heavy duty and won't slip. The new version comes with a lip or locking tab that keeps the mount from rocking in the controller. Bill even let me know that there is an option for a clip for a neck strap. It comes in a number colors so you can choose what you like. Prices are super reasonable for what you get (<$60 on sale) so if you're looking for something that will hold something larger than an iPhone- check this out. (Disclaimer- I don't work for or with Bill).

looks like the iPad is covering the RC's display.

I have been researching the forums and youtube reviews for the best mavic mount for my iphone 7plus and ipad mini 4 and I can honestly, without a doubt, completely agree about the quality of this product. Definitely the best mavic mount available on the market at this present time.

On Monday, I ordered both the MavicMount version 1 and the MavicMount Version 2 (Red color) along with the attachable lanyard that is designed and made specifically for the Mavic Mount which has departed LA. USA. since the 24th and should be arriving here in Thailand in the next couple of days.

When I recieve them I can post some pictures with comparisons between the first version alongside the new version. Obviously the prices are more expensive than other mounts such as the PGYTech mount, but if you want ultimate durability and quality, you have to pay for it. Products that cost more due to uses of quality materials lasts a very long time which is exactly what you want when buying accessories for a $1000 flying 4k Drone anyways!

Now I must admit it will be both ironic and embarrassing if this product arrives with problems straight out the box and breaks from a month's use so I better shut up for now until its actual arrival lol! But either way, Im an honest man and I will own up to any embarrassments that come my way and if that is the case, for those who would want a comparison, i will try to make a video/review for the two versions alongside their Lanyard and their sunshade in action. So let me know if that will be ok for this thread!

Folks, I did a fair amount of online research before committing to the MavMount V2 for my iPhone. I am new to piloting a drone. Love my Mavic but have not been real impressed by the mounting arrangement on the stock controller. I just find it very awkward, difficult to depress the home button, and tough to connect the lightning cable.

I ordered the MavMount on Sunday. It was shipped on Monday from the west coast. Arrived in Florida on Wednesday before noon. A+ customer service.

Built out of aluminum rather than plastic. It's light but solid as a rock. Slid it into the space between the "wings" on the controller and it fits perfectly. The mount is fully adjustable and now I don't have to remove the case from my phone before I fly. Yup, it adds a little weight to the control platform, but not enough to be any kind of issue. And the little weight it does add is perfectly balanced.

This thing is well conceived, perfectly designed, and well built. Straight A's across the board. Not cheap at $60, but you've got yourself an expensive drone. Why not buy a mount of equal quality.

Kudos to the MavMount folks -- and thanks!

I've had the Mav Mount for a few months now and since added the lanyard attachment and both times ordering and shipping has been great. The Mav Mount works great and I highly recommend it!

Reactions: Aerial West
I've been using the Mavmount version 2 with an iPad Air and a Hoodman shield for a couple of weeks and it is an absolutely fantastic combo. When I started out was using an iPhone 6 which I quickly discovered was just too small. Once you fly with a big screen you won't ever want to go back. I was a little worried about wrist fatigue with the additional weight but honestly you don't even notice it. I looked at many other mounting systems but the claimed quality of the Mavmount convinced me to give a try. Was not disappointed. I highly recommend the Mavmount.

wow guys, i think you're going to make me cry, lol. But seriously, thanks so much for the kind words, and excellent reviews. Its great to see actual customers with this sort of reaction!

heads up... I got about 95% through the design of the Crystal Sky adapter today! You're the first to know!

Picking up an iPad pro 10.5 today, as I too have a difficulty composing on a tiny screen. I will be ordering a Mavmount for it after reading the positive posts. Love your username and avatar Capt. Oveur!

Picking up an iPad pro 10.5 today, as I too have a difficulty composing on a tiny screen. I will be ordering a Mavmount for it after reading the positive posts. Love your username and avatar Capt. Oveur!

Congrats on the 10.5! It's gotten great reviews and it will make you feel absolutely liberated when flying with it vs. the phone. I was thinking about a used iPad mini and have been looking at eBay now and again for a bargain. But, I just dropped a ton of money on a new iMac, so I need to dial it back for a bit. My old iMac (from 2009) just didn't have the chops for editing HD video. The new one is just awesome.

"We have clearance, Clarence. Roger, Roger. What's our vector, Victor?"

Great flick.

Congrats on the 10.5! It's gotten great reviews and it will make you feel absolutely liberated when flying with it vs. the phone. I was thinking about a used iPad mini and have been looking at eBay now and again for a bargain. But, I just dropped a ton of money on a new iMac, so I need to dial it back for a bit. My old iMac (from 2009) just didn't have the chops for editing HD video. The new one is just awesome.

"We have clearance, Clarence. Roger, Roger. What's our vector, Victor?"

Great flick.
Flew with the 10.5 pro today;it's like a big iPhone! Got the Apple pen, just for fun. Mavmount ordered. I would've gone the mini route, but also needed something a little bigger to edit 2.7 and 4K. Soo, went kinda middle ground between mini and iMac. I've got a Vaio that does 1080p, but that's the limit. I see a big in my future, then my journey to iOS will be complete! Happy flying.

Flew with the 10.5 pro today;it's like a big iPhone! Got the Apple pen, just for fun. Mavmount ordered. I would've gone the mini route, but also needed something a little bigger to edit 2.7 and 4K. Soo, went kinda middle ground between mini and iMac. I've got a Vaio that does 1080p, but that's the limit. I see a big in my future, then my journey to iOS will be complete! Happy flying.
the 10.5 has been hugely popular and is a big hit with pilots. We get a ton of people coming for a strong aluminum solution for the larger screen and since they know the mavmount can handle a 12.9" screen WITH a hoodman on it... 10.5" is totally secure from fall hazzards.

Reactions: Riveratdave
the 10.5 has been hugely popular and is a big hit with pilots. We get a ton of people coming for a strong aluminum solution for the larger screen and since they know the mavmount can handle a 12.9" screen WITH a hoodman on it... 10.5" is totally secure from fall hazzards.
2 thumbs up for the Mavmount

wow guys, i think you're going to make me cry, lol. But seriously, thanks so much for the kind words, and excellent reviews. Its great to see actual customers with this sort of reaction!

heads up... I got about 95% through the design of the Crystal Sky adapter today! You're the first to know!
I ordered my MavMount 2.0 on November 1st, received last night Nov 6th. This thing is a beast. Can't wait to use it. 2 thumbs up! Thanks again!

I ordered my MavMount 2.0 on November 1st, received last night Nov 6th. This thing is a beast. Can't wait to use it. 2 thumbs up! Thanks again!
awesome, glad you're loving the MavMount Brad!

It would have got to you sooner, but I was flying my drone for a new Gordon Ramsey show till the 2nd, when I flew back home to LA. sorry for the delay!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skyscansurveys