DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Max altitude limit in a cave. Drone won't go higher then 3 meters. Help me. DJI MINI 2

ulricr514

Reactions
Hi everyone. I have an issue. (dji mavic mini 2)
I was trying to film a climber in an over hanging cliff (open cave of sorts)
I took off and I reached about 5 meters ( less probubly) and the dji signaled amax altitude warning limit and would not go any higher.
Of course, the GPS was off due to the line of site covered from within the cave.

I tried on cine mode, and on normal mode, and I made sure all altitude settings were maxed out ( range unlimited, max altitude 500m and RTH at 100m)

Wondering, does the mini 2 have sensors on the top of it that would not allow it to go higher then 3 meters?

Here is a picture of the location. I was sitting right where number 21 is.

yes, over my head is a cave, like a roof above me, about 80 meters above my head.

Thanks for the help.

sec-hada03-cmp.jpg

Doesn’t have sensors on top. I’m wondering if it has something to do with the drone not being locked on to any satellites. Strange. Will watch this thread.

I was trying to film a climber in an over hanging cliff (open cave of sorts)
I took off and I reached about 5 meters ( less probubly) and the dji signaled amax altitude warning limit and would not go any higher.
Your problem is explained on p40 of the manual.
Height is restricted to 16 ft (5 m) when the GPS signal is weak and Infrared Sensing System is operating.
Height is restricted to 98 ft (30 m) when the GPS signal is weak and Infrared Sensing System is not operating

Height is restricted to 16 ft (5 m) when the GPS signal is weak and Infrared Sensing System is operating.
Height is restricted to 98 ft (30 m) when the GPS signal is weak and Infrared Sensing System is not operating
Is there any way to turn this off and fly without GPS?

So does that mean in this situation you'd be better off covering the IR sensors?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gtfuture11