Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Max power issue error message

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rex Peters

Reactions
Darn! my Mavic Mini crashed 30 feet from me with a max power warning
see attach flight file:Any insights on what happened. light breeze, C mode, good battery?
Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks

Greetings Rex Peters . . .

Once the moderators move this post over to the 'Crash and Fly Away Assistance' section I'm POSITIVE either @BudWalker or @sar104 will diagnose this for you. Hang tight . . .

No problem! In the meantime, read 'HERE' about some of the similar error messages and the diagnosis of other MM pilots. The info may help.

Here you go!

Attachments

• 2020-01-24_22-10-13_FLY089.DAT
    874.8 KB · Views: 8
Here you go!
I appreciate all the expert help. It's stressful spending all this money on a little starter drone and running into issues. I keep it low and slow with good battery voltage and no apparent wind and I still have issues. Not fun!

I am afraid this is another case of "rear motors maxing out" which has become a kind of signature problem of the Mini.

There was a mild south westerly wind but that's no issue. Before crashing the drone was doing RTH against a head wind. It should have taken up a nose-down attitude in order to move forward but it just stayed more or less level ( see the round attitude chart on the right of the picture below ). This shows that the motors at the back were not delivering enough thrust to rise the tail. It is believed that the flight controller subseqently tried to get the nose down by reducing the thrust of the front motors. As the result, all the motors have the thrust reduced and the total lift was insufficient to keep the drone airborne hence the crash.

1579937094413.png

The .DAT file provided above is not the correct one. The flight started at 15:42 but the .DAT file started logging at 22:10 of the same day.

Similar incidents on Youtube :

Dji Mavic Mini CRASH!!! - YouTube
DJI Mavic Mini Crash!! With no reason?? - YouTube
Crash mavic Mini falls into the sea - YouTube
Mavic Mini descended into the water and not responding - YouTube
Mavic Mini descending three times unexpectedly. - YouTube
THE SEA CRASH - YouTube
5 THINGS YOU MAY NOT KNOW | DJI Mavic Mini - YouTube

Last edited:
I'm not sure what files I need to add here for expert analysis or how to view them on my iPhone 7 but I sure appreciate all the help

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2020-01-24_[15-42-54] 2.txt
    459.9 KB · Views: 4
I am afraid this is another case of "rear motors maxing out" which has become a kind of signature problem of the Mini.

There was a mild south westerly wind but that's no issue. Before crashing the drone was doing RTH against a head wind. It should have taken up a nose-down attitude in order to move forward but it just stayed more or less level ( see the round attitude chart on the right of the picture below ). This shows that the motors at the back were not delivering enough thrust to rise the tail. It is believed that the flight controller subseqently tried to get the nose down by reducing the thrust of the front motors. As the result, all the motors have the thrust reduced and the total lift was insufficient to keep the drone airborne hence the crash.

View attachment 91972

The .DAT file provided above is not the correct one. The flight started at 15:42 but the .DAT file started logging at 22:10 of the same day.

Similar incidents on Youtube :

Dji Mavic Mini CRASH!!! - YouTube
DJI Mavic Mini Crash!! With no reason?? - YouTube
Crash mavic Mini falls into the sea - YouTube
Mavic Mini descended into the water and not responding - YouTube
Mavic Mini descending three times unexpectedly. - YouTube
THE SEA CRASH - YouTube
5 THINGS YOU MAY NOT KNOW | DJI Mavic Mini - YouTube
Thank you for your insight. I guess the only thing I can do is go fly it again and see if the issue persists. Do you think the problem is hardware or software? Should I try reload the last firmware update?

Thank you for your insight. I guess the only thing I can do is go fly it again and see if the issue persists. Do you think the problem is hardware or software? Should I try reload the last firmware update?
I think the only thing you can do is just flying it with caution. As reported in the last Youtube video above, the problem is not very consistent. Despite the fact that numerous reports about the problems have been made I am yet to see a solution.

• Sad
Reactions: Rex Peters
I think the only thing you can do is just flying it with caution. As reported in the last Youtube video above, the problem is not very consistent. Despite the fact that numerous reports about the problems have been made I am yet to see a solution.
Unfortunately, that's not too reassuring...LOL. I guess it would be prudent not to fly over water until the issue is identified and solved.
Cheers

One thing I will do right away is put a label on it with my name and phone number so if I lose it, maybe someone who finds it will return it.

Good question but it was above 0 C so that’s within spec. I have flown a couple of times in colder weather without issues.
That's still extremely cold in my neck of the woods. I'm just curious if I need to be concerned about this issue. If it only occurs in cold weather, I have little to be concerned.

The posts that I’ve looked at don’t seem to point to temperature. It’s another life’s mysteries. It's 6 degrees C here at the moment and I’m going to try it again but this time in a clear soccer field in case it wants to crash itself aging. Besides, this little guy is hard to see, Especially if it decides to land in the snow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkyTechDji