DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Max power warning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rex Peters

Reactions
Yesterday I flew around a storm pond and I was surprised on the Wifi interference I was getting but the max power warning also caught me off guard because there was only a very slight wind and about 5 degrees C. My MM went down like a rock before it made it back to home. The good news is that I found it in a snow bank. Today’s flight was flawless ( new location) no interference and no max warning. Are those two warnings related in any way? It’s a bit unnerving because if I lost the drone, it’s $500 down the drain and for those who are married, you know you’ll never hear the end of it!!!

Yesterday I flew around a storm pond and I was surprised on the Wifi interference I was getting but the max power warning also caught me off guard because there was only a very slight wind and about 5 degrees C. My MM went down like a rock before it made it back to home. The good news is that I found it in a snow bank. Today’s flight was flawless ( new location) no interference and no max warning. Are those two warnings related in any way? It’s a bit unnerving because if I lost the drone, it’s $500 down the drain and for those who are married, you know you’ll never hear the end of it!!!

Do you have the newest firmware? Can you post the logs?
Recently I did flight on zero wind day, and I was getting tons of messages about strong wind, I was flying straight line in S mode, but when I checked the logs, there was nothing about wind, they were all saying "Reached maximum speed of 46.4 km/h."

Do you have the newest firmware? Can you post the logs?
Recently I did flight on zero wind day, and I was getting tons of messages about strong wind, I was flying straight line in S mode, but when I checked the logs, there was nothing about wind, they were all saying "Reached maximum speed of 46.4 km/h."
I already have and it had nothing to do with the speed . I was in P mode and then went out not C mode before I put it in RTH. I really think it had to do with the Wifi interference I was experiencing, my flight today was perfect without any issues in a wide open soccer field.

I already have and it had nothing to do with the speed . I was in P mode and then went out not C mode before I put it in RTH. I really think it had to do with the Wifi interference I was experiencing, my flight today was perfect without any issues in a wide open soccer field.
I do have the latest firmware and app.

The only thing I really learned from this experience is to put your phone number and address on your drone incase someone finds it before you do. I had a couple of kids pick my drone up before I found it. All is good.

Reactions: Thomas B
Rex,
If there is one thing I've learned in this forum... Some people and flyers will speculate about why something happened to their drone. Crash, "fly aways," connection issues, RTH issues....

Fortunately, we do not have to speculate if one provides the log files from the flight. Those logs include a wealth of data; much more than you can recall from memory. Plus, there are very knowledgeable folks here who have experience reading those logs and letting you know what happened.

I'm not saying the logs are the end-all answer to everything. But without them, comments and replies are what I refer to as SWAG ... a swinging wild-*** guess.

Yesterday I flew around a storm pond and I was surprised on the Wifi interference I was getting but the max power warning also caught me off guard because there was only a very slight wind and about 5 degrees C. My MM went down like a rock before it made it back to home. The good news is that I found it in a snow bank.

I suspect the snow to be the culprit as the VPS might missbehave according to the warning in the user manual. Please post your logs as they contain additional info.

As others have suggested, if you post your logs people can take a look at what happened.

As others have suggested, if you post your logs people can take a look at what happened.
I have posted my logs yesterday. Are they the right logs I don’t know. It was a .txt file is this correct. It may have been in another forum. I don’t know if you can search for anything under my name. I went out and flew yesterday at a different snow covered location with zero wifi interference and had no issues.

OK, yesterday it looks like you posted here.

Reactions: sirbadger
Let’s keep this incident on one thread to the benefit of all.
The OPs original thread is here.

7489C9EA-986B-44A0-AA82-D767E68AAE36.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member