DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Max Requirements for 4K 30fps video

Fixitman1983

Reactions
What is the requirements for best quality image in a M2P? I have a MacBook Air from 2015. I can play 2.7k @ 24fps but nothing 4K. It will play choppy. I’m guessing my laptop doesn’t have the required hardware to play this properly. Maybe it will and I don’t have the right software. I’m not an IT guy or very computer savvy so anyone have a good suggestion? Thanks.

Often the video card/chip is the bottleneck. It was for my PC playing back 1080p recordings.
Sometimes updating the graphics card driver helps.

What operating system revision are you at? The latest one is free, and may give you better performance. BluRay Player is a software package that often will allow better playback on older machines. Your performance may vary.

If you are asking about how to play the video, rather than how to edit, the video, they key to smooth playback, on any speed computer, is to use the right software. There is a massive difference in the playback smoothness of MP4 4K video depending on the playback software. On the PC, VLC provides smooth playback, even on my 12-year-old computer. I don't know the Mac as well, but look around at playback software options and try something other than the default player.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Very good thanks everyone. I’m just using iMovie, VLC and QuickTime on my MacBook Air. I can do 2.7k at 24fps or 1080 at 24 fps. I can’t do either at 48 or any 4K.

Very good thanks everyone. I’m just using iMovie, VLC and QuickTime on my MacBook Air. I can do 2.7k at 24fps or 1080 at 24 fps. I can’t do either at 48 or any 4K.

I have a MacBook Air early 2014 with 8GB RAM. I can play 4K30fps and 2.7K60fps with no problems using QuickTime player but it is very choppy using VLC player. The videos are on the hard drive, not on the SD card.

I notice you have a M2P so maybe the problem is H.265

Try recording using H.264 and then see how those videos play.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minicopters