DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Maximum attitude reached - question

Mcgon

Reactions
I updated firmware before I left home so that I could fly in airplane mode.
I was in a park and the initial warning before take off said you may be in a park area etc. Yellow pop up. Certainly not restricted area. I'm sure. Checked DJI before I bought the air. After take off I was linked to 30m altitude. Warning said "adjust settings in MC if required" etc. I was set to 100m though in my settings.
I googled and suspect that I am limited to 30m if in airplane mode? I.e. not logged into app immediately before flight? Does that sound right? So I need to fly in connected mode to be able to fly to my own set limit of 100m attitude?
Or maybe I just need to be online until I'm ready to fly and then switch to airplane mode?
Anyone familiar with this?

I updated firmware before I left home so that I could fly in airplane mode.
I was in a park and the initial warning before take off said you may be in a park area etc. Yellow pop up. Certainly not restricted area. I'm sure. Checked DJI before I bought the air. After take off I was linked to 30m altitude. Warning said "adjust settings in MC if required" etc. I was set to 100m though in my settings.
I googled and suspect that I am limited to 30m if in airplane mode? I.e. not logged into app immediately before flight? Does that sound right? So I need to fly in connected mode to be able to fly to my own set limit of 100m attitude?
Or maybe I just need to be online until I'm ready to fly and then switch to airplane mode?
Anyone familiar with this?

You're limited because you are not logged in to your DJI account. Nothing to do with airplane mode or being connected. Log in when you have a connection and then you won't be limited when you fly at other times without a connection.

Reactions: Mcgon
As lisadoc mentioned, you have to log in with your DJI email, but in addition, you need ot come out of airplane mode so the Go App can check your email, Once that's done, you can go back into airplane mode... Ian

Last edited:
Reactions: Mcgon
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada