DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Maximum Ceiling

ffinybryn

Reactions
Hi,

Just moved over from my old Inspire 1 to a Mavic Pro and love the extended flight times!

I'm updating my Ops Manual and notice that whilst the I1 spec had a Maximum Flight Ceiling of 5000ft Above Sea Level, the Mavic literature states that this is 16000ft (5000m). Is there a typo or is this a DJI update?

Sorry if this has been covered before.

Mark

I'm not 100% sure but I think I read somewhere that that is the aerodynamic ceiling of the AC. (You know based on mass/thrust/air pressure/density)

70F6DF38-DECF-43C4-BBEC-E1EE23E00764.jpeg
Hi,

Just moved over from my old Inspire 1 to a Mavic Pro and love the extended flight times!

I'm updating my Ops Manual and notice that whilst the I1 spec had a Maximum Flight Ceiling of 5000ft Above Sea Level, the Mavic literature states that this is 16000ft (5000m). Is there a typo or is this a DJI update?

Sorry if this has been covered before.

Mark

With a proper battery mod you can get good flight times with a Inspire 1

View attachment 35751

With a proper battery mod you can get good flight times with a Inspire 1

Seems a bit much. I had my I1 stolen. Bought MPro as quick replacement. Without stating obvious, similar camera spec, flight characteristics, twice flying time for half price batteries and with more flying options.

Ive since bought a 2nd hand I1 just in case...

Just answering the max ceiling question. Last autumn, I drove to the top of Mt. Evans, west of Denver, and flew from the peak, at over 14,200. It seemed a little slow taking off, but what I really noticed is that the battery only lasted about 8 minutes. That's pretty thin air up there, folks! Pilots are supposed to use oxygen above 10,000 ft. At 14,000, I walk slowly, and if I'm up there for any length of time, I get a headache.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
llMUTTZZll