DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Maximum Distance

Deepwater

Reactions
I flew my Mavic 2 Pro last week in Norway. Line of sight with no obstructions, perfect weather, approximately 200-m altitude across a valley. Antennas fully erected and pointing towards the bird. Calibration and software up to date.

Why did I receive week GPS signal warnings when the bird was approximately 2.6-km away? I thought the range should be considerable more.

weak gps signal is not your radio link. Those are the satellite connections to the drone. 2.6K still isn't too bad if you ask me.

Jeff

Thank you for clarifying. I should probably have paid attention to the display on the controller. May have given indication of less satellites available I suppose.

Antennas fully erected and pointing towards the bird.
Do you mean the antennas were pointing at the M2P or they were aimed down (as they should be) and the flat part was aimed at the bird?

No, I may have been sloppy by not having the flat part towards the M2P. Will try again in a couple of months.

Put it in 1080 p mode and have clear line of sight like a field fly about 180 to 200 ft high I got 4.3 miles that way

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maviclake