DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Maybe stupid but...

Dmd56

Reactions
I just picked up a pro with a smashed camera. I picked up a “known to be good camera “, and the question is will a controller not bind if the camera isn’t functioning the rear lights yellow I go through the binding process and it times out. It seems to go through the warm up stage ie: fan ,sounds. Am I looking in the wrong direction?

First off WELCOME to the forum.

I don't have an answer to your question but hopefully some of our helpful and knowledgeable members can come through and give advice.

Welcome to the forum from Chicago the Mavic HelpWindy City.
Please Check out Mavic Help and Mavic tips, lots of questions and answers from other pilots, hope you find the answer.

Reactions: BigAl07
When I had that same problem, I had forgotten to press the little red button on the drone to permit it to bind with the RC. I'm sure you did that, just thought I would throw it out there. But I don't think the camera state would prevent it from binding. I'd think it would bind and then DJI Go 4 would issue all sorts of error messages. Good luck.

I just picked up a pro with a smashed camera. I picked up a “known to be good camera “, and the question is will a controller not bind if the camera isn’t functioning the rear lights yellow I go through the binding process and it times out. It seems to go through the warm up stage ie: fan ,sounds. Am I looking in the wrong direction?
Did this controller come with this bird?

The camera doesn't stop it from binding, so it might be a problem with the RC especially if somebody just "gave it to you".

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jared69