DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Memory Card Issue

kingsolomon12

Reactions
Just received and flew for the first time today and could not be happier, ended up getting the Mavic Pro 2 with Smart Controller and think it’s worth every cent. I have had a Phantom 1, 4 and Mavic Pro and am amazed at how they just keep advancing... Now onto the problem. Upon inserting the memory card it gets stuck and the only way to remove it is to carefully use tweezers. Should I try another card or is this likely to be a hardware issue that I should consider sending back to get fixed. My old Mavic never did this and worked exactly as it should. Any ideas, would hate to be without it for any amount of time - lol

Reactions: Coskier
It could just be stiff from its newness. Try inserting and releasing it a dozen times to see if it loosens up. If it doesn't, exchange for new.

Did you try pushing in on the card to activate the ejection?
I did and did have a regular Mavic previously so am familiar with how to do it and how it should operate but it is firmly stick in there and tweezers are the only way to carefully remove it... I have tried several times to see if it loosens up to no avail, think I may need a replacement...

I had a similar issue with a card in my MP—required tweezers, etc. Took a very fine file (or you could use fine grit sandpaper) and “ rounded” the back edge of the card. No problems since.

I had a similar issue with a card in my MP—required tweezers, etc. Took a very fine file (or you could use fine grit sandpaper) and “ rounded” the back edge of the card. No problems since.
Appreciate the advice, currently just waiting on my dealer to receive a new unit and swap mine out, if the problem persists with the new one will try this technique...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maviclake