DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MERRITT ISLAND FL

Hi Alan, just seen your post today. Congratulations having a new mavic Pro. I live in the Orlando area. I've had mine now for about a year. As a newbie I learned a lot by flying by the seat of my pants. Never had a drone or flying RC . Start with baby steps. Read the post here in this form it will really help. Best wishes

Hi Alan, just seen your post today. Congratulations having a new mavic Pro. I live in the Orlando area. I've had mine now for about a year. As a newbie I learned a lot by flying by the seat of my pants. Never had a drone or flying RC . Start with baby steps. Read the post here in this form it will really help. Best wishes
Thanks for the reply. I'm having a great time with this thing. So far just learning the basics and the controls. Flew a few simple waypoint missions using Litchi to pre program the flights. Still a bit leary to send it out to far. My RC experience in the past wasn't pretty. Now I'm retired and have all the time in the world, so just taking baby steps. Definitely have more questions than answers at this point! But learn something new every day. Ordered some extensions for the landing gear and a couple strobe lights (LED) so I can find the thing in the sky. [emoji4]
Maybe someday we will cross paths?

Alan
g.alanstevens at gmail

Glad to hear you're having a good time with it. Extensions are find are a must. I've also found it to be easier to use a larger screen. I bought a device to hold a Samsung 10.1 tab a with the controller . Much more enjoyable. However, the best experiences with the goggles! I too have had reservations about pushing the boundaries. I've been out about a mile so far. Again baby steps. Going to try to fly a little bit tomorrow. Best wishes any questions, [email protected]

Hi Alan, I did not see your post until just now. I grew up on Merritt Island and now live in Apopka just north of Orlando. I have flown my Mavic out at Port Canaveral a few times and down at Sebastian Inlet etc. - I have flown a lot of places in Florida in the last six months. Maybe we can catch up with each other some time and have some fun with the MP's!

Some of my videos are here -> mhevansusa. The videos may give you some ideas. Good luck and hope you are having fun like aI am!

Hi Alan, I did not see your post until just now. I grew up on Merritt Island and now live in Apopka just north of Orlando. I have flown my Mavic out at Port Canaveral a few times and down at Sebastian Inlet etc. - I have flown a lot of places in Florida in the last six months. Maybe we can catch up with each other some time and have some fun with the MP's!

Some of my videos are here -> mhevansusa. The videos may give you some ideas. Good luck and hope you are having fun like aI am!
Good to hear from you!
Give me a heads up if you ever get close. G.alanstevens at gmail.com.
I'm down now. Well the Mavic is anyway. Having camera problems and trying to fix it. Tried once but failed? So I ordered both the ribbon cable for the gimbal and the transmission cable also. Hopefully will have both next week. If that doesn't work I suppose I'll have yo send it off somewhere?

Thanks for the reply!

Alan

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maviclake