Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 Pro Miami Bayfront Park Day to Night

Dale D

Reactions
Site
vimeo.com
December 2020

Please enjoy my newest 4 minute video, which I photographed several evenings ago. The Miami weather has now cooled somewhat so I returned to Miami’s Bayfront Park and Maurice Ferre Park for additional views of the Bay, downtown, and the cruise port, as well as boating life on the bay. It was a Sunday evening so everyone was out on the bay with their various sized yachts.

This film features both drone video, drone stills, and Nikon DSLR timelapse photography showing day to night lighting of the downtown buildings, views of Government Cut, and several cruise ships. For you timelapse fans, watch the shadows on the buildings change as the sun sets! Sometimes you have to watch for this twice since so many things happen so fast in timelapse. Be sure to go to full screen.(small box on lower right hand side).

Nice video @Dale D. The timelapse video is beautiful.

Wow that was fast- I just now posted it, but of course, you are in San Diego, 3 hours earlier than Miami. Glad you liked it.

Reactions: Tony McDrone
Amazing nights shoots and overall very nice to see. Thanks for sharing !

Nice video Dale, awesome time lapse and the night shots were incredible.

Dale: when you shoot time lapse with your nikon do you use the internal timer for this or an external intervalometer? When I do these I have been using an external unit and the process eats batteries (usually requires a grip with multiples or a change during the shoot). As always nice touch here...it is a lot of work and take some time to render.

Dale: when you shoot time lapse with your nikon do you use the internal timer for this or an external intervalometer? When I do these I have been using an external unit and the process eats batteries (usually requires a grip with multiples or a change during the shoot). As always nice touch here...it is a lot of work and take some time to render.
Hi bcfd29 Ft Lauderdale:

RE: internal vs external intervalometer for timelapse photography

I have always used the internal intervalometer in my Nikon D750. I usually try to get a 10 second "show", or about 250 frames at 24 frames per second. I plan to use no more than 4-6 seconds of this for a show, depending on the subject. A day to night time lapse like these (city illumination) required me to bracket somewhat so I set up two separate Nikon D750's (yes I have two), and two 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6 lenses. One lens is more zoomed in for variation. I run one time lapse at 15 second intervals and one at about 10 second intervals. You can do the math to figure out the length of each shoot. (15 second interval is 4 frames a minute, 10 second internal is 6 frames a minute).

The Nikon D750 battery will usually be good for at least 3 if not four of these 250 exposure studies. I "mark"the beginning and end of each segment of shots with a photo of my hand to keep them separated when I open the data file. I highlight first slide, then shift-click on last image, to highlight them all, and then drag each grouping into a separate folder and label it. My computer can handle desktop storage of at least three folders. One battery will be able to do at least 4 of these 250 frame studies. (1000 exposures).

The only time I have a battery problem is when I am doing 2-2 1/2 hour star time lapses on Milky Ways. I have to quickly, in the dark, change the battery.

I hope this explains it all.

Feel free to ask anything else.

Dale
Miami

Reactions: bcfd29
we should do some shooting together sometime, if that is of interest. Always cool to collaborate and learn from your peers.

Happy Holidays!

Pete

That was a great video! I was just in Miami and I went down to bayside marketplace right next to where that was. I wish I would’ve known that Park was there! Beautiful place. I’m gonna try to make a video with the footage I took there and in the Keys.

we should do some shooting together sometime, if that is of interest. Always cool to collaborate and learn from your peers.

Happy Holidays!

Pete
Hi Pete-. Would be happy to meet up for a drone and timelapse shoot at someplace mutually between Coral Gables and Ft. Lauderdale.I have always had my eyes on the Guitar Hotel as a day to night timelapse shot and drone shot. Other places you might have as favorites in your area would be good. Please be pre-warned, I have a lot of gear to drag, using a dolly for two tripods, camera bag and drone bag. Need to park near shooting spot. Don't know how restrictive the air space at the Guitar Indian gaming hotel is. Would plan to get there about two hours before sunset (3:30 or 4 PM) to set up a timelapse and let it run while I am flying. My contact is [email protected]. The weather is perfect now. Best time would be a Sunday when the traffic is not stifling at 4-6 pm hour which would be a good shooting time.
Guitar Hotel at Seminole Hard Rock. 1 Seminole Way, Davie, FL 33314 as a suggestion only.

Dale Davis
Coral Gables

December 2020

Please enjoy my newest 4 minute video, which I photographed several evenings ago. The Miami weather has now cooled somewhat so I returned to Miami’s Bayfront Park and Maurice Ferre Park for additional views of the Bay, downtown, and the cruise port, as well as boating life on the bay. It was a Sunday evening so everyone was out on the bay with their various sized yachts.

This film features both drone video, drone stills, and Nikon DSLR timelapse photography showing day to night lighting of the downtown buildings, views of Government Cut, and several cruise ships. For you timelapse fans, watch the shadows on the buildings change as the sun sets! Sometimes you have to watch for this twice since so many things happen so fast in timelapse. Be sure to go to full screen.(small box on lower right hand side).

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AASHIANAPC