DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2s miccosukee village on edge of everglades in florida at sunrise

sarimento1

Reactions
air2s pano this thursday morning, stitched in DJI app...

RUSeEbo.jpg

Now that is a beautiful River Bend and symmetry .
Very Nice

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain.
I kinda doubt it is a real river bend. I am familiar with that road, and it is a dead straight shot across the state with no curves in it. I think it is a result of the pano. I photograph along that road at least twice a year, and try to keep away from the Micosukees. They are very territorial and protective. They actually have their own police cars and police force and they rule the law along this road. Of course they are more than happy to sell you a soda and an air boat ride. A very exciting experience, by the way.

Last edited:
indeed, as Dale D points out, those roads and canals are pretty straight as arrows!
the wide angle pano creates the distortion.
Fortunately, I had no problem with the local police; I was less than 100 yards from one while I was flying and no issue, albeit it was pretty early in the morning. A different view, attached.

6C3bT0f.jpg

Reactions: Vapor069
indeed, as Dale D points out, those roads and canals are pretty straight as arrows!
Fortunately, I had no problem with the local police; I was less than 100 yards from one while I was flying and no issue, albeit it was pretty early in the morning. A different view, attached.

6C3bT0f.jpg
Sarimento1;

That is a FANTASTIC shot-my high compliments. You have captured the vastness of the Everglades. Despite all of the space, I find that flying low over the "River of Grass" provides a unique view. I published several videos on this but I do want to hijack your thread. I mixed it with timelapse sequences, and some drone and DLSR stills .

If you're interested just start a conversation.
Dale
Miami

6C3bT0f.jpg

Sarimento1;

That is a FANTASTIC shot-my high compliments. You have captured the vastness of the Everglades. Despite all of the space, I find that flying low over the "River of Grass" provides a unique view. I published several videos on this but I do want to hijack your thread. I mixed it with timelapse sequences, and some drone and DLSR stills .

If you're interested just start a conversation.
Dale
Miami

thanks for nice words, especially from a 'pro'!
here's another from a little further down the road, on the outskirts of big cypress.
the water got rippled from the prop wash!

ejA8Xlc.jpg

Miccosukee even have their own language, alligator. Alligator Alley is so straight it's dangerous, in fact deadly. Hypnotic some say. Was fun driving it in my younger days just to see all the wildlife, on my way to the Keys. Enjoyed the pics.

Miccosukee even have their own language, alligator. Alligator Alley is so straight it's dangerous, in fact deadly. Hypnotic some say. Was fun driving it in my younger days just to see all the wildlife, on my way to the Keys. Enjoyed the pics.
Thx!
This is Tamiami Trail; Alligator Alley is I-75.
Were you traveling from Tampa to the Keys back when?!

I kinda doubt it is a real river bend. I am familiar with that road, and it is a dead straight shot across the state with no curves in it. I think it is a result of the pano. I photograph along that road at least twice a year, and try to keep away from the Micosukees. They are very territorial and protective. They actually have their own police cars and police force and they rule the law along this road. Of course they are more than happy to sell you a soda and an air boat ride. A very exciting experience, by the way.
I go through there every couple of Months or so... love that drive!

6C3bT0f.jpg
I've never had any issues with the local police, they've seen me flying my MA2 and have left me alone. Just have to watch out for air traffic going in and out of Miami International! ?

Drove through there one night during a particularly heavy rainy season, had to literally drive around a couple of pythons in the middle of 41! :oops: There was so much water on both sides, they had nowhere to go. Random alligators in the road will wake you up real quick!

Reactions: sarimento1
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BHU