DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Micro SD Card

Dingdong

Reactions
So I need a micro sd card....are they all the same or do I need a specific one for the Mavic?

Also why does the video get broken into 3 vids when it saves to my phone? Why cant I have one continuous video?

Fastest? Isnt capacity and compatibility come first?

Reactions: Dingdong
Fastest? Isnt capacity and compatibility come first?
Not for me personally. Want it fast enough that as it ages the overhead keeps you going. Capacity is not a big deal for me. I use 64GB cards and change for every flight to avoid risks of losing it if I lose my drone.

The 4gb file size limitation is from the FAT32 limitation. ExFAT can accommodate bigger file sizes, but DJI probably didn't want to confuse people and just have the behavior the same regardless of card size.

No, they aren't all the same. Check out this article for more details:

Best memory card for your DJI drone

A new video file is started when the file is right around 4GB. There is no way to record all footage to a single file.
Is that even when you have a big card? That would be annoying in the middle of a shot?

I use either SanDisk Ultra or Samsung EVO Select. When shooting 4K write speed is key. Just make sure if is Class 10 U3.

Is that even when you have a big card? That would be annoying in the middle of a shot?
If you're referring to the 4gb file split, that's due to the limitation of FAT32. True that ExFAT supports files bigger than 4gb, and storage > 32gb will be formatted ExFAT, they probably didn't want to add complexity to the programming, or create potential incompatibilities for people.

So can you guys just post a link to the best type of card for the Air?

So is this one ok?

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    285.5 KB · Views: 12
I tried your link but its US and would not let me buy. This is the AU one...its says its got an "adaptor".......doesnt the Air have an adaptor and does it need it?

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    271 KB · Views: 5
Wow thats weird....so right in the middle of a shot, a random cut occurs.....

It might seem weird but it is pretty normal not just with DJI but virtually any camera, whether it be GoPro's, using a digital SLR like my Canon 5d4, etc. Some higher end cameras that use things like CFast cards or like the Red Cinema Cameras that record to (semi) proprietary SSD cards can record longer segments but you are talking cameras in the "outrageous" price category. And I wouldn't call it "random" as it happens at exactly the 4Gb mark every time, so it is very predictable and as others have mentioned very easy to solve when editing.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmikebennett