DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Micro SD Media Transfer Recommendations

StevieG1996

Reactions
Hi,

I'm a new pilot. I use a SanDisk Extreme 64GB micro SD Card Class 10 UHS-1 U3 in my Mavic Pro. I was transferring about 10 GB worth of files using the micro USB cable connected to my Windows laptop. It took about 20 minutes. I'm not a fan of having to power on the Mavic for 20 minutes to transfer video files. I know I can take the SD card out and use a reader to transfer files so I'm considering buying a reader. Just wondering how other people on the forum do it. Trying to get a gauge on a preferred method and maybe some pros and cons. Thanks!

I think it depends on what you are doing with what’s in the card. If you just want to get pictures and video off the card, get a card reader. I’m not doing any editing, so pretty simple task for me. Remove the card, insert into apple card reader, plug into iPad Pro. Done.
Once it’s in the iPad, goes anywhere from there.

Reactions: StevieG1996
Here are a few tips that I can share:

1. Be more selective in what you shoot so the files are smaller. Alot of people just press the record button when they takeoff and stop it when they turn off the drone. TMI.
  2. Offload media after every flight so it doesn't take so long, and you don't risk losing anything you shot.
  3. Have an extra 16gb card around just in case.
  4. Livestream to Facebook or Youtube. Thats where most people watch it anyway.
  5. Use the SD to record you data for HQ media. Then take the SD card out and have your computer read it. Better than the wear and tear on your drone SD port.

Reactions: StevieG1996
Here is another suggestion that doesn't require you to remove your SD card. I simply connect a USB-C cable to my Mavic Air and plug the USB-A end into my desktop iMac. Both the internal storage and the SD card then appear on my Desktop as regular volumes. Drag the desired files to my Desktop and voila! File transfer is very quick, even for 4K video. Fair warning- I'm a Mavic newbie as well, so I'm still trying to figure this all out! :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair