DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Micron announces the end of Lexar memory cards

Well....that means i will have to move to Samsung cards. No way i am getting burnt again by Sandisk micro-SDXC cards. I have swapped at least 5 of them and the replacements keep failing too. Suddenly they get an internal short and burn out.

Reactions: Malavic
I have never had a problem with a Sandisk card. I have one that the whole camera took a dive into salt water. There was no hope for the camera but I let the card dry out for a few days, plugged it into the computer and was able to retrieve everything in perfect condition. That was 3 years ago and I still use the card with no issues. I have a slew of SD and Micro SD cards I have been using, all Sandisk, and never had a problem with a single one. I have only had 1 Lexar card and it was the one that came with my Mavic. I had trouble with it right out the gate because it was a little thick and wouldn't release from the bay. I finally had to do surgery with some tweezers to get the dang thing out. I don't dare put it back in again.

It's just an add from Micron that they are selling off this low margin division, and suggests we have hit bottom as far as memory chip price. Next will follow a 'random' fire that will drive the price back up again.

I like Lexar. I consider it one of the better brands, along with PNY, Sandisk, Samsung. Come to think of it, I've never had any issues with any flash storage cards. I've gone through probably 150-200 cards? My first digital camera was back in 1998. My first flash card was a 32MB (that's MB not GB) SmartMedia card (remember those?), and I thought it was so awesome because I could hold 60+ pictures in it in my 1.3 megapixel camera.

I really like my microsd-to-USB adapter from Lexar.

The like was because the info was useful, not that I'm pleased about it.

Since the Mavic came with a Lexar card I just bought a larger one for it which works well and is a good price.

I've found high speed micro SD cards to be fairly unreliable, before them I can only think of two memory card failures and one of those was just the casing coming physically apart. Over the last couple of years I've had a Sandisk 200GB, 128GB and 2 32GB micro SD cards fail while I've had two Samsung 128GB cards fail (one right out of the box, one three weeks after) and a Samsung 32GB card. They were definitely genuine cards as I had warranty replacements without issue and they were not used in the same devices either so it's not like I had a faulty reader or similar that was killing the cards.

I don't want to remember smartmedia, that was a fairly horrible format :|

Well....that means i will have to move to Samsung cards. No way i am getting burnt again by Sandisk micro-SDXC cards. I have swapped at least 5 of them and the replacements keep failing too. Suddenly they get an internal short and burn out.

I'm like a broken record. I purchase SD/Micro cards for a business and myself, I buy hundreds a year. I only have had problems with the Sandisk Micros. Even the cheapest bargain cards I could find have been ok, but I've sent 12 Sandisk micro cards back. 3 in the last month. I've had no issue with the standard SD from Sandisk, but the micros, in any speed, are garbage. I will not buy Sandisk micros even when directly asked to get that brand. Once I explain the issue, the requester goes with a brand I suggest.

Reactions: tmoerel
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000