DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MicroSD card self Destruct option if crashed.

HK!

Reactions
This would be great right. But seriously

Just switched to Litchi (highly recommended). But..
Does anyone know if it does or can cache video files to your phone?
I checked the File System and couldn't see anything.

In the past With DJI go 4.0 and Urban flights, I would only cache 720p video to my phone.
Uno, Just in case my Mavic plummets to Earth somewhere sensitive, and the first on scene quickly figures out the whole sodden adventure is on the SD card.

Any help/Tips appreciated

I don't think Litchi caches any video to the device; I haven't seen any on my android tablet. That said, I always use a screen recorder to do similar things. I use the screen recorder because it captures all the map and video together, so I have a little more info in case things start to transition out of a reconnaissance mission and into a search-and-rescue mission.

As for files on the SD card... that's an excellent place to put an additional README.txt file with your name, reg info, contact info, and hints of a reward. On the flipside, if you smash someone else's stuff with your drone, you should feel ready to make things right.

Reactions: Drone Master
Thanks for reply. Hadn't considered a screen recorder yet. Is there an Android recorder your can reccomend?

Thanks for reply. Hadn't considered a screen recorder yet. Is there an Android recorder your can reccomend?
Mobizen! Or use litchi's screen recorder.

As for files on the SD card... that's an excellent place to put an additional README.txt file with your name, reg info, contact info, and hints of a reward. On the flipside, if you smash someone else's stuff with your drone, you should feel ready to make things right.

Genius idea..

format the card regularly - as you should

Not sure where you got that idea. The worst impact Microsoft has had on computer science is leading people to believe that reboots and reformats and reinstalls are common and proper. If you properly power down or eject FAT devices, there is no corruption. I've got removable drives that are almost old enough to vote, heavily used for years, and they were only formatted once.

Mobizen! Or use litchi's screen recorder.

Litchi has it's own? Outstanding App. I like the way it doesn't crash every 5-10 mins (Android 7.0) like GO 4.0.
I coudl be bias but I swear i get a bit more range from it aswell

Doesn't the screen recorder render itself useless in helping to potentially locate a lost bird? I mean, if you fly far enough away (say with a phantom) and you lose connection "trusting" for its return, you're recording nothing of searchable value until the drone re-establishes connection. Right? Perhaps I'm wrong.

I'm in the same boat... just learning the Litchi app and want to understand everything in my grasp to track down a lost craft (aside from mounting a tracking device of course).

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I think it comes with some sort of GPS locator. Or its; at least possible to locate it's last postion from flight logs.
Got that from a video where some blogger loses his mavic in the Hudson or something.

Poor Casey Neistat Lost his Mavic Pro

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser