DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mid-Air Battery Fall Out! (Mavic Pro)

Baq Paq Jaq

Reactions
Site
www.youtube.com
Has anyone else had this happen? Watch to the end... see what I have purchased... any one else bought this? Also, its pictured for the pro, whereas mine is the platinum... anyone know if it will still fit ok? Thanks guys!

Reactions: JpigletH
I am pretty sure the frame of the Platinum is the same as the Pro so it should fit.
Could it be in the excitement of the day he didn't clip his battery in properly.
Hi Cyborg! Who knows! Maybe it was the fact it was in sports mode... or over 30 degrees C? Thanks, I hope the product fits... don't want this happening to mine!

The crash is around 5.17, the pilot leasning against the car reacts to it

Do you think the battery malfunctioned first, and that caused it to separate? That would mean the strap would not help.
Oh wow, I've no idea! We just assumed with it popping out it disconnected...

Maybe the battery was in a swelling mode when it finally popped.

Yes could be why it popped out I guess. DJI Have said they will repair it for him so that's good.

in sport mode a couple of issues arise when flying in very hot weather the first thing that will make the battery disconnect is flying in sport mode causes the battery to get very hot due to the high current drain and more prone to swelling ,and even if it has swollen just a small amount ,the sudden stop in sport mode can cause the battery to pop if the clasps are already compromised by the swelling

And we're supposed to spend $1500+USD for this to happen? Yikes! 30°C is only 86°F which isn't very hot at all and is typical many if not most days mid-summer in the midwest and I'm sure hotter in the Southern US. Do many of you guys put one of those battery girdles on your drone to keep the battery from auto-ejecting?

Reactions: Baq Paq Jaq
I use Velcro tape on my mavic2 when the batteries start to show sign of swollen cells. I put a piece about 1.5 times around back of battery compartment of the drone. Sometimes it comes back popped up, but doesn’t come out. Until the cell are to swollen than don’t use them.

Maybe. Terry didn't notice any problems clipping the battery in as usual... guess we will never know now though!

And we're supposed to spend $1500+USD for this to happen? Yikes! 30°C is only 86°F which isn't very hot at all and is typical many if not most days mid-summer in the midwest and I'm sure hotter in the Southern US. Do many of you guys put one of those battery girdles on your drone to keep the battery from auto-ejecting?
At the end of my video you'll see me online buying one of them!!! Hope this never happens to mine!

I use Velcro tape on my mavic2 when the batteries start to show sign of swollen cells. I put a piece about 1.5 times around back of battery compartment of the drone. Sometimes it comes back popped up, but doesn’t come out. Until the cell are to swollen than don’t use them.
I've invested in one of the plastic straps to secure the battery in. Shouldn't need to do this though in my opinion... its obviously a design fault!

It easily could have been contact with the ground, but that battery has come apart exactly like one of mine did on the charger. it expands and the bottom pops loose. It had been slightly swollen prior.

Hi Cyborg! Who knows! Maybe it was the fact it was in sports mode... or over 30 degrees C? Thanks, I hope the product fits... don't want this happening to mine!
Mostly I fly my drone over 35C temp situation. May be battery exploded during the flight for some other reasons like charged by car charger just before it's flight, etc...? Anyway I don't want this happen to my drone.

Do you know how many cycles he had charged the battery before it’s impending doom or was it brand new out the box. I have that clip but it’s soo tight to fit around Mavic 2 pro, it’s a pain to fit I suppose it’s better taking the two minutes more and fitting that

I fly a Mavic 2 Zoom. The same thing happened to my drone last Saturday. Fairly new battery, no swelling, not flying in high temperature conditions. (See my post under GENERAL MAVIC 2 DISCUSSION Forum).

Just descending under full down stick. The battery popped out and both fell to the ground. Luckily, it fell in a shallow pond of muddy water so I was able to recover the drone but not the battery.

Not sure if it will work again, but I have Care Refresh which is always a good option to take, especially since we now have data to support the theory that the Mavic series suffers from a serious design flaw that may result in the loss of your drone, especially if you are over water.

Our experiences are very similar. This is not a battery issue. It is a design flaw or shortcoming that needs to be fixed. A fail-safe mechanism is needed on every Mavic, Mavic 2, etc. Otherwise you are sending your drone out without any certainty that it will return.

Get the word out.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlafica